Alas! you can’t take proper pictures on Snapchat because of zoomed in camera on Snapchat. Snapchat camera and its varied variety of filters are what distinguishes it from other social media, but imagine every time you open Snapchat, you find a zoomed-in camera on Snapchat. It’s quite frustrating, right?
Well if you are facing this error, you are not alone, many Snapchat users have complained that whenever they try to access their Snapchat camera it is zoomed in.
One of the major reasons why you find zoomed-in cameras on Snapchat can be because of an overloading cache, the application starts might start malfunctioning because of the full storage.
Secondly, zoomed in camera on Snapchat can happen because of device incompatibility, minor internal bugs can cause the problem.
Additionally, minor Snapchat glitches or camera settings of your device may result in zoomed-in camera on Snapchat.
The error is exasperating, however, it can be easily shot down, keep reading as we have mentioned 7 fixes that can do the job.
How To Fix “Snapchat Camera Zoomed In”
Fix 1: Clear Snapchat Lens Data
This is the first method to fix Zoomed in camera on Snapchat, If the Snapchat lens data cache is complete then it may cause a camera issues in Snapchat.
So, To fix the zoomed-in camera on Snapchat, clear the Snapchat lens data cache. After clearing the lens data cache, the camera zoomed in issue will be resolved.
Steps to Clear Snapchat Lens Data Cache:
- Open Snapchat App.
- Tap on the Profile icon located in the upper left corner.
- Now, click on the setting icon which is located in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down and Tap on Lenses
- Tap on clear all lens data.
Fix 2: Rest And Wait
If the Snapchat camera zoomed in issue is occurring then high chance that there is some technical issue in Snapchat App or Snapchat app server is down and the Snapchat team already know and is working to resolve the issue.
In this case, you can’t do anything so just wait till the issue is resolved from Snapchat team side or Snapchat server is up.
Fix 3: Check The Network Connection
Snapchat needs a stable network to work, a weak network can cause zoomed in camera on Snapchat. Try alternating between Wi-Fi and mobile data to see if the issue is related to your connection. If your experience differs, we recommend you reach out to your service provider for more info.
So, check your internet speed. Turn ON and OFF your mobile data or check your router in case you using wifi.
Also, try to switch from a mobile network to wifi or wifi to a mobile network.
Fix 4: Clear Snapchat App Cache
Most of the time, when there is some issue with the app, clearing the app cache will resolve the issue, this can also be true in the case of zoomed in camera on Snapchat.
So, To fix zoomed-in camera on Snapchat issue, clear Snapchat app cache. To clear the Snapchat App cache,
For android users,
- Go to settings
- Find Snapchat App and click on that
- Tap on clear cache.
- Snapchat App cache will be cleared.
For iPhone users,
- Go to iPhone settings
- Go to General
- Find Snapchat App and click on that
- Tap on iPhone Storage
- tap on the Offload App button
- again reinstall the Snapchat app.
Check Snapchat camera zoomed in issue is resolved or not after Clearing the cache.
Fix 5: Delete And Reinstall Snapchat App
To Fix zoomed in camera on a Snapchat issue, first, uninstall and then reinstall the Snapchat app. Sometimes Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Snapchat app will resolve the issue.
So, First Uninstall the app from your phone after that re-install it again and check Snapchat app is working or not.
If still Snapchat camera zoomed in, then jump to other fixes.
Fix 6: Update Snapchat App to Latest Version
To Fix zoomed in camera on Snapchat issue, update Snapchat app with latest version because Sometimes the old version not work perfectly.
If your Snapchat app version is outdated then it may not work properly.
Also updating the Snapchat app to the latest version will fix all previous bugs in the app which was known to the Snapchat support team.
You can also do an auto-update of the app if you want, which will keep your app updated always with the latest version and bug-free.
Here’s how you can update your device on your iPhone:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Swipe down from the top of the page until the loading icon starts spinning.
- Take your finger off the screen.
- With your app updates refreshed, scroll down and look for Snapchat.
- If it’s there, tap the ‘Update’ button next to it.
Here’s how you can update your device on Android:
- Once you have opened Play Store, here’s what you need to do.
- Tap the profile icon at the top right.
- Tap ‘Manage apps & device.’
- Tap ‘Updates available.’
- If Snapchat shows up on the list, tap the ‘Update’ button next to it.
Fix 7: Restart Your Phone
If above solution not working then Sometimes, there is an issue with your phone, not the Snapchat app. So, Close the Snapchat app and restart your phone.
After Restarting the phone, the Snapchat camera will work.
To restart iPhone, follow these steps:
- Press and hold both the Power button and of the Volume buttons.
- When a slider labeled slide to power off appears at the top of the screen, drag it to the right.
- Wait a few moments for the iPhone to completely turn off and for the screen to go black.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
To restart your Android device, follow these steps:
- Press the power button and hold it down for several seconds. The power button is usually on the right side of the device.
- After a few seconds, a menu should appear with the Power Off option. The latest Android version might offer other options, including Restart, which is a better option
All these methods can help you fix zoomed-in camera on Snapchat.
With that, we have reached the end, feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.