Is Snapchat video call not working? And, you have been stuck trying to call your friends on Snapchat again and again.
How many times has this happened to you that you have been trying to video call a friend on Snapchat but aren’t able to? This hitch can be stressful for many Snapchat users.
Now you are looking for ways to fix Snapchat video calls not working. Well, you have come to the right place, as we have assembled a list of six ways you can fix “Snapchat video call not working”.
As you already know, Snapchat is one most popular social media in the world, its fascinating filters, and up and coming features have made it one of the most influential apps in the world.
However, as more and more people subscribe to the application, the users are witnessing more glitches and bugs on the app. One such problem is Snapchat video call not working.
How To Fix Snapchat Video Call Not Working
As we have already mentioned, there can be many reasons Snapchat video call is not working, it can be minor bugs, glitches, or the most common one could be that you are using an outdated version of the application. In the next part of the article, we have different ways you can fix Snapchat video call not working.
Fix 1. Allow App Permissions
Snapchat requires a number of app permissions to function properly. This includes access to the camera, microphone, mobile data, and more. If you’ve denied any of these permissions to Snapchat, certain features such as the video call may stop working. Here’s how you can fix it.
Steps to allow app permission on Android:
- Long press on the Snapchat app icon and tap on the info icon from the menu that appears. Then, go to Permissions.
- Allow all the necessary app permissions from here.
Steps to allow app permission on iPhone:
- Open up the Settings app and navigate to Snapchat.
- Use the toggles to enable all the permissions one by one.
Fix 2. Clear Cache Data
Similar to Lens data, Snapchat also collects other temporary data as you load snaps, stickers, memories, and other content. This is referred to as cache data.
If clearing lens data doesn’t work, you can try clearing Snapchat’s app cache by following the steps below.
1. Open up Snapchat on your phone and navigate to the Settings menu.
2. Under Account Actions, tap on Clear Cache and hit Continue when prompted.
Restart the app to see if you can make video calls now.
Fix 3. Update Snapchat
If Snapchat’s issues with the video call feature only started appearing after a recent app update, it shouldn’t take long before the company releases a fix. Hence, you should install any pending app updates for Snapchat from the Play Store or App Store right away.
Update Snapchat on iPhone:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Swipe down from the top of the page until the loading icon starts spinning.
- Take your finger off the screen.
- With your app updates refreshed, scroll down and look for Snapchat.
- If it’s there, tap the ‘Update’ button next to it.
Update Snapchat in Android:
You can also manually check for Snapchat updates on Android. Once again from the Play Store, here’s what you’ll do:
- Tap the profile icon at the top right.
- Tap ‘Manage apps & device.’
- Tap ‘Updates available.’
- If Snapchat appears on the list, tap the ‘Update’ button next to it.
Fix 4. Switch To A More Stable Network
One of the easiest ways to understand if it is your network is to switch to a different connection and see if Snapchat’s video call feature is back in action. If your Snapchat app can’t refresh, make sure you are connected on a fast and most crucially, stable internet connection. Otherwise, each action you try to execute on the app as well as any other app, including Snapchat video calls, will inevitably freeze, glitch, and lag. Try switching to a different network and gauge if Snapchat starts to work fine.
Fix 5. Disable Low Data Mode or Data Saver Mode
If your Low Data Mode is turned on or if you have somehow enabled Data Saver on your device, this could be the reason behind the Snapchat video call not working. Restricted data usage often leads to malfunctioning apps and features that require intensive data transfer.
To disable the Data Saver option on Android, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to Network and Internet
- Disable Data Saver.
To disable the Low Data Mode on iOS, follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Cellular.
- Select Cellular Data Options.
- Disable Low Data Mode.
Fix 6. Reset Network Settings
Often, the trick to fix the Snapchat video call issue is resetting the network settings on your device. If your network settings are not well-tuned, your data transfer and normal app functionalities might bear the brunt of it. The way to reset network settings is quite straightforward in both Android and iOS.
For Android devices:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose System or Backup and Reset.
- Click on Advanced.
- Go to Reset Options or Network Settings Reset.
- Click on Reset Settings or Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
For iOS devices:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on General.
- Choose Reset.
- Click on Reset Network Settings.
- Type a password if prompted.
With that, we have reached the end of the article. Your Snapchat video call may not be working due to some minor issues, you can use one of the ways mentioned above to fix it. You can also share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.