Most of you must have heard of “Netflix and Chill,” however, how does “ Youtube and drive” sound?
Pretty good, right?
Unfortunately, watching Youtube on Car Play is not standard, so your devices have no feature that lets you play Youtube while in your car. Be that as it may, you can now watch Youtube on Car Play using different workarounds.
However, “Youtube and drive” doesn’t come without its disadvantages; Youtube can be pretty distracting and proven especially hazardous when immersed in it while driving.
I would suggest not watching Youtube on Car Play, but if you still want to go through with it, then read along as I explain briefly the different methods you can adopt to watch Youtube on Car Play.
How To Watch YouTube On Apple Carplay: The Methods
While driving, your safety must be your top priority, and watching videos on Youtube or any other media can bring more harm than good. Remember that prevention is always better than cure.
However, if you still want to have a good time in your car, there are three methods you can follow to watch Youtube on Car Play.
Method 1: Use Third-Party Apps
You can use a couple of third-party apps, but Carbridge and WheelPal are the most trusted and efficient ones.
Among Carbridge and WheelPal, the first one has proven to be more helpful if you want to watch Youtube on Car Play. All the users of this application have good things to say about the application, and on top of that, you can use the application without paying any subscription.
CarBridge connects your iOS device with the car’s system, and you can easily stream any desired application.
The process to install CarBridge in your device to watch Youtube on Car Play is divided into two parts; follow the steps correctly, and your job is done; now you can sit back and enjoy Car Play in your car wherever you go.
- Open the Safari browser, then go to the Zenovalley website.
- Once it opens successfully, click on the search bar and type CarBridge app.
- Click on the Install Carbridge Now button.
- Wait for the app to sign the IPA, then tap the Allow Button to confirm to start the download process.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Click on General
- Scroll down and Tap on Profile Downloaded, and find and click on the CarBridge app
- Choose the Install Now button, and your job is done
Once you have successfully done that. Here is the second part of your job.
- Launch the Settings on your iOS device
- Turn off Low Power Mode if you switched it on
- Go to Safari’s Settings
- Switch off the Block All Cookies button.
- Return to the Settings app, and choose General
- Enable Background App Refresh
- Scroll through the list on the screen and check whether Apple Carplay is on it
If the method mentioned above doesn’t work for you, worry not; WheelPal is another third-party application you can use to watch Youtube on Car Play. Like CarBridge, the application can be used without buying any subscription.
The added advantage of WheelPal is that it doesn’t project our iPhone’s screen. It lets you download apps that Apple Carplay doesn’t support and lets you play them on your vehicle screen.
Here’s what you need to do to Watch youtube on Carplay using Wheelpal:
- Install the WheelPal app on your iOS device
- Go to your phone settings once the app downloads
- Tap on General, then select Profiles & Device Management
- Click on WheelPal listed under Enterprise Apps, and select Trust
- Launch WheelPal afterward
- You will get a message asking you whether your iPhone is jailbroken. Tap No if it isn’t
- Go through the streaming apps section, and click on YouTube.
- Tap on the Install YouTube app button after
- It can take a second or two to install YouTube, so be prepared to wait
- Tap on the Add to CarPlay Menu once you’re done.
And, you will have the desired application on your car play, open it and enjoy and watch Youtube on Car Play.
Method 2: Use The Multimedia Box
Now that we have discussed the third-party applications you can use to watch Youtube on Car Play; we have come to the second method you can use to do the job.
You can use a Multimedia box to watch Youtube on Car Play. It’s a unique device you can connect to your car’s infotainment system. Once this is done, any video playback from it will be projected to your Car Play.
You can use several apps with it; therefore, you are allowed to use Youtube.
Apple hasn’t officially launched any official multimedia box; however, you can get a variety of multimedia boxes online. Additionally, remember it will require a 4G sim to work.
Here’s what you do:
- Install a 4G SIM to your car and link it.
- Plug the device into your car stereo via a USB cable
- Wait for the car link it OS to open up
- Go through the app list
- Locate YouTube and log into your account
- Start playing YouTube videos
And this way, a multimedia box can help you access and watch Youtube on Car Play.
That’s all from me on “ how to watch Youtube on Car Play. It is crucial to be attentive while driving; the last thing you would want is to hamper the safety of your loved ones.
Therefore, be careful before you play Youtube on Car Play. and as always, you can share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.