Discord is an ideal space for people who want to connect with people who share similar passions. Because of the casual nature of Discord, there’s very little need to unfriend someone or prevent the person from messaging you. There are times when you have to remove an individual on Discord. Like other social networking platforms, Discord has provisions for this. Learn here How To Unfriend Someone On Discord?
If you remove someone from Discord in this manner, you’ll be unable to receive their messages, and you won’t be capable of sending them messages. Furthermore, when you’re both on the same server, you will not be able to see their notes, and they won’t be able to see yours. This prevents you from dealing with toxic people and any other person with whom you do not want to connect.
If you’ve learned how to remove the friend from Discord, The next step is to know the procedure. Users who have used Discord for quite a while have a good understanding of Discord’s features, which include the ability to unfriend someone. This guide will help you learn how to unfriend someone using Discord and everything else you should be aware of to novices.
What Happens When You Unfriend Someone On Discord?
You will not receive an email if you delete one of your friends. If you have shared servers with the person you removed, You won’t be in a position to read their messages. Also, they will be deleted from the “Friends” list. They will not be able to message you, either.
If they attempt to contact you and send a message, they will receive this message:
” This message could not be delivered because you don’t share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or the recipient blocked you. “
That’s not a lot of words. But, in the end, they’ll yet figure out they’ve been removed. If this is a problem for you, try method two from below. It’s less efficient than taking someone away; however, it’s the best alternative in this instance.
How To Unfriend Someone On Discord
Method 1: Unfriending
To remove someone from Discord, take the steps below:
- To begin, you must launch the Discord application (you can also do this using the web with a browser). Sign in using your username and password.
- Next, you must connect to a server you share with that person. If you don’t have a shared server, don’t fret! You can search for their name using the search bar located at the top.
- Click on the Discord tag. This is an option to right-click on the desktop.
- On the drop-down menus, choose ” Remove Friend .”
- It is possible to swipe to the right side of your Discord tag and tap to reveal the “More” option, then choose “Remove Friend” on a mobile device.
Method 2: Muting
To disable anyone on Discord, Follow these instructions:
- The first step is to start the Discord application (you can use the web with a browser). Sign in using your username and password.
- Then, go to a server you share with that person. If you don’t have a shared server, don’t fret! You can use your DMs.
- Select their Discord tag. This is the right-click option if you’re on your desktop.
- Click the checkbox next to”Mute” and select the “Mute” option from the drop-down menu. If you’re using DMs to accomplish this, move the swipe to the left, click “Notification,” and choose an appropriate timeframe to turn them off.
How to Unfriend Someone on Discord [Mobile App]
- Launch The Discord App on your Smartphone.
- Click on the Hamburger symbol(three-lined icon) on the upper right side of the screen.
- Next screen, tap the message icon found in the upper left corner.
- Now you’ll see your friends’ names. Scroll through the list and tap on the friend’s name who you would like to unfriend or eliminate from your friend list.
- It’ll take you to the screen of your profile. Click on the 3-dot symbol in the right upper corner.
- Now, you will be able to see the drop-down and then tap the Remove friend option.
How to Unfriend on Discord [Computer]
- Launch the web browser and go to discord.com.
- Click the login icon and type in your credentials for login.
- Click again to log in and bring users to the Discord Home screen.
- Click to select the Home button on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the Friends option from the drop-down menu.
- Click under Friends, then click the “All” tab at the very top. It will instantly display your friends the list of your friends.
- Go to the friend you want to get rid of.
- The drop-down menu will be displayed. Click to remove a friend.
- Then, click Remove the Friend from the confirmation screen to remove the person.
Will Others Know When I Unfriend Them on Discord?
If you remove an account from Discord, it does not immediately notify them. They will only be told when they try to contact you via DM or attempt to get you through other methods via the platform. They won’t be able to send messages via your DM. When they click your character’s name, Discord will ask them whether they’d like to send a friend request instead of asking them to send you messages.
Additionally, let’s say they wish to send you an email. In that scenario, they’ll receive an alert that reads, “this message could not be delivered because you don’t share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or the recipient blocked you.” They’ll be aware that you’ve unfriended them.
Although Discord doesn’t notify users when they’re not a friend, specific bots do it. They tell users when users stop friending them on Discord as one of the features they have built-in. A few people purchase these bots for this reason, but you do not need to be concerned about this. If you don’t have any contact with a person other than Discord and Discord, you don’t have to be worried about them hurting you in revenge or with negative consequences.
How Do You Know if Someone Unfriended You on Discord?
If someone on Discord unfriends you, You may not be aware immediately as Discord doesn’t notify you. There are, however, methods to determine.
You can purchase an app that will notify you when people cannot friend, mute, or block you. Another option is to look up the name of the person on Discord. That is an additional sign if you come across the word but cannot communicate with them.
This is all it takes to do to de-friend someone on Discord. Therefore, you won’t have to be concerned about someone disturbing you or sending you messages that aren’t needed. You also know what to watch out for when someone has unfriended you and alternatives available to you. You can, for instance, silence a person or remove them from your network if needed.