Are you looking for a way to stream on twitch privately? It’s pretty easy and we can show you how to stream privately on twitch.
This is a great way to stream to your friends or other people that you know if you do not want your stream publicly listed on the twitch website. In this guide we will show you how to stream privately on twitch as well as stream from LAN and stream locally. These steps are really easy and pretty much anyone should be able to do it with little effort.
We will go through accessing stream settings, setting security options on your stream, and how to stream on twitch privately. By following these simple steps you can stream on twitch more securely.
There are many reasons to stream privately on twitch. For example if you’re streaming with people that you know then it’s probably pretty important to protect who is watching your stream. If you find yourself in this situation then it’s best to be safe rather than sorry so let’s get started!
Successful Method to Stream Privately on Twitch
There are two ways to stream on twitch, either stream publicly or stream privately. When you stream privately it means that your stream is only visible by the people you invite to watch you stream. This can be immensely helpful for streamers who may not want their viewers seeing them stream something they don’t feel comfortable with, such as streaming while using webcam. The process of streaming privately on twitch is fairly easy and straightforward so here’s how to do it!
- Have an account on Twitch (obviously)
- Once you are logged in, go to your dashboard
- Select stream key from the stream options menu
- Make sure you are streaming on the account that has the stream key enabled (If you have multiple accounts for some reason make sure it is enabled on the correct one)
- Go to stream options then stream key and copy it. You can also click share stream key which will then allow anyone with the link to watch your stream. If you choose this option, be aware that any viewer can type whatever they want into chat while your stream is private so take caution before using this method for streaming privately on twitch.
- Now that you’ve got your stream key ready, all there is left to do is actually start streaming! Once you stream on twitch for the first time, your stream will be public by default so to stream privately you’ll need to check the settings of your stream and change them to private.
How can I Setup a Subscriber-only Stream on Twitch?
A subscriber-only stream is a way for you to reward your most loyal fans with an additional livestream that contains perks they won’t find anywhere else. If you’re just starting out, adding this extra Twitch channel could be one of the best ways to gain new followers and build up your following. Once you’ve created both channels, make sure you promote them equally so subscribers who are only interested in these perks will subscribe to the correct one. We’ll go over how to set up both parts below.
Here’s how to set up a subscription-only stream:
- Log into your Twitch account and then click the crown-shaped icon in the top right corner.
- Then select “Dashboard”.
- Underneath “Channel,” select “Stream Key.” In the pop-up box, copy your Stream Key by clicking the Copy button.
- It will only be shown once so make sure you have it saved. Proceed to your Dashboard and click “Enable Subscription Mode” under Channel Settings.
- You’ll need this information from above so write it somewhere or use ctrl+C (Windows) or cmd+C (Mac) and paste it into an email for safe keeping.
You can also Read – 8 [100% Working] Methods to Fix Twitch Error 2000