Do you want to know how to stop Snapchat calls? If so, we are here and we will answer your question and expand upon it as well.
Receiving calls on Snapchat can prove to be an inconvenience if you don’t know the person that well, and it is infuriating if they keep spamming you with will call day in and day out.
Snapchat ticks all the boxes when it comes to an all-rounded social media site, you can not only send snaps and texts, you can connect with friends through calls as well, be it audio or video calls. On Snapchat, anyone who has the ability to message you is able to voice or video call. This also includes that you have friends or people that have tried to message you in the past but you’ve ignored their request.
Inconvenience isn’t the only reason that can prompt you to stop Snapchat calls, keep in mind every call you get will consume your mobile data if you are on the go. To fix this, we have a list of different ways you can adopt to stop Snapchat calls.
Mute Notifications From Them
This is the easiest step you can take to stop Snapchat calls, you just have to mute their notifications, and you will no longer know when or how many times they call you. You can mute people in the following ways.
- Open Snapchat.
- Once you launch the app, go to the chat screen that shows all of the conversations. You can also access your messages by clicking on the chat icon in the bottom left corner when you’re on the camera screen.
- Here, you will see all of your friends whom you have sent messages to. If you’ve never messaged the person you want to block calls from, you need to click on the search icon in the upper left corner. From here, you’ll be able to search for the person you want to block calls from.
- Once you locate them, long press on their username, and a pop-up menu will appear. You will need to select More, Message Notifications, and Silent. This will disable you from receiving voice and video calls from this person. If you want to block calls from them entirely, hold their name, select Block, and then select it again to confirm your decision.
However, if you block them they will no longer be able to send you a text message as well. You can undo this in the same section.
Disable Camera and Microphone Permissions
To block calls from people on Snapchat, you can just disable camera and microphone permission. Doing this means that you won’t be able to accept calls from people because you need your camera and microphone enabled for that to work properly. The downside to this is that no one can audio or video call you on Snapchat, you can’t just block calls from one person.
To disable call permissions on Android:
- Open Settings on your phone. You can find it different on any phone but it usually appears with the gear app icon. If you can’t find it, swipe down from the top of your screen and after that, you need to choose Apps.
- Scroll till you find Snapchat.
- Look for Permission. It usually appears under the Apps Settings.
- Tap Camera and Deny permission. These options usually enable once you open Snapchat.
- Go to the Microphone, tap to disable the permission too, and set it to Deny, same with the Camera.
To disable call permissions on iPhone:
- Open Settings on your iPhone. You can find it different on any phone but it usually appears with the gear app icon.
- Scroll till you find Snapchat.
- Under Allow Snapchat to Access, toggle off the camera and microphone. Once you’re done, you won’t be able to receive calls from anyone.
How To Stop Snapchat Calls
If you don’t want to receive any calls, you can disable the app’s notifications, so that if someone does call, you aren’t notified about it.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down to Snapchat.
- Select Notifications.
- Toggle Off Allow Notifications.
- Open your device’s Settings App.
- Tap on the option that says Notification. This will open a number of options, but you want to scroll until you see the apps on your device. In the upper left of the screen is an option that may say Most Recent. Tap this and choose All so that you can see all of the apps on your phone.
- Once you can see all of the apps on your device, you will need to scroll until you see Snapchat. There will be a switch located to the right of it.
- Tap the switch once and it will turn gray.
- Now all the notifications for Snapchat are turned off. If you would like to receive notifications again, then you can turn the switch back into the on position.
Turn on Do Not Disturb
This will turn off all notifications for your device, so you may only want to use this if you think you’ll get calls from more than just Snapchat.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to Do Not Disturb.
- Toggle it On.
- Open your device’s Settings App. It usually resembles a gear in the middle of a grey background for Android devices and for iPhone devices.
- Tap on the option that says Notifications.
- Towards the top of the menu, you will see an option that says, “Do Not Disturb.” Click the switch in the “On” position to the right of the screen. The button will turn blue when it is in the “On” position.
Change Who Can Contact You to Your Friends
If the person you’re trying to block calls from isn’t your friend, then you can disable their calls by changing who can contact you to your friends only. When you do this, they won’t be able to message you which means they cant audio or video call you. To turn off calls from people you’re not friends with on Snapchat, go to your profile and click settings. Under Who Can, select Contact Me. Select Friends.
Turn Off Your Internet
If you know someone is about to call you on Snapchat, you can turn off your data or wifi. Turning off your internet means that you won’t be able to receive calls. When they try to call you, it’ll ring like normal but you won’t receive it. This is a good way to block calls from Snapchat but it does mean that you won’t be able to use other apps whilst your internet is off. To turn off your internet, simply swipe down from the top of your screen and toggle off wifi or data, whichever one you’re using. You won’t be able to receive calls from anyone now.
How To Call Someone on Snapchat
Here are the steps to call someone on Snapchat if you didn’t know.
1. Open Snapchat
First of all, you need to open the Snapchat app and log in or switch to the account from which you want to make the call.
2. Find the person you want to call
Secondly, you need to find the Snapchat user you want to call.
You can scroll through the Chat page, or you can scroll through your friends on the “My Friends” page to find the person you want to call.
View Your Friends on Snapchat
If you want to view all of your friends on Snapchat, you need to tap on your emoji in the top left of Snapchat.
Next, you need to scroll down until you see the section titled “Friends”.
You will see a button labeled “My Friends”.
Tap on the button and you will see a list of all your friends sorted by alphabetical order.
Now, you can scroll through the list until you find the person you want to call.
When you have found the person, tap on them and this will open up the chat screen.
3. Start a call
Once you are on the chat screen, you need to go to the top right.
Here, you will see a phone icon and a video camera icon.
When you tap the phone icon, this will start a voice call, and when you tap the video camera icon, this will start a video call.
So, you need to choose what type of call you would like to start.
Once you are ready, tap on one of the icons and start the call.
Hopefully, the person you are calling will pick up.
However, if the person you are calling does not have notifications enabled for Snapchat, then they won’t be notified you are calling them unless they are on the app.
With that, we have reached the end of the article.