As some may know and others may not Instagram got a new update where the follower/ following lists are no longer in chronological order. Here we have briefly explained what different methods you can follow to know How To See Who Someone Recently Followed On Instagram.
Now, maybe it’s not a big deal for some of the folks out there. However, what about all nancy drew and sherlock holmes out there who cannot even go a day without staling their ‘special friends?
Before this update, Instagram displayed the following/follower list in newest to oldest or oldest to newest order. This feature made it easy for people to unmask who someone recently followed on Instagram, which is no longer possible. So, what to do now?
Check Anyone’s Instagram Recent Following
The easiest way to see who someone recently followed on Instagram is to check their following list. If the person has a private account on the gram, you need to be their follower to access their following list.
You can access the following list by:
- First, open the Instagram application on your device and log in to your account.
- Once done, tap the search icon on the bottom of the home page, and search the person’s profile.
- Once their profile is displayed on your device, tap on the follower’s tab at the top of the screen.
- You can see who someone follows.
This method may not give you the proper list of who someone followed recently on Instagram. Additionally, this method will only work if you are already familiar with the person’s following list and can distinguish between recent and old followers in the list.
How To See Who Someone Recently Followed On Instagram?
Check Who Someone Recently Followed On Instagram Using IGExport
IGExport is a free application that you can install on your device to check who someone recently followed on Instagram. IGExport works as a chrome extension that instantly provides you with a chronological list of a person s following and the users they have followed recently.
Here’s how you can use IGExport:
- Search the application on chrome and install IGExport on your device; once this is done, add the application on the taskbar as an extension( optional).
- Open Instagram on your device.
- Tap on the search option, and write that person’s username in the search bar. Once you locate their profile, open it and copy their username.
- Go to the IGExport extension on the taskbar and paste the username in the provided box.
- In the next step, you must select whether you want to check the person’s followers/following. In your case, choose the following, then press the export following button.
- The following list of your requested username will be loaded on your page with the most recent followers on top.
Use Snoopreport To See Who Someone Recently Followed On Instagram.
Now, if you are committed to this stalking game on the gram and have now become a ‘serial stalker’, then this application, my friend, is your one-stop solution. Snoopreport regularly sends you emails to provide you with reports without the need to physically set up everything.
By paying snoopreport a few bucks, you get regular updates on who someone recently followed on the gram. Here are the steps you can follow to install Snoopreport on your device and channel your inner Sherlock Holmes:
- On the address bar of your browser, type snoopreport.com; this will lead you directly to snoopreport’s website.
- Once in, press the log-in button and then enter your account details; remember, if this is the first time you are using snoopreport, then you first need to sign in to the application.
- If you are signing in, you need to add a valid email and set a password for your account. Once you have agreed to all terms and policies, select the sign-up button.
- Fill in the card details to buy snoopreport’s subscription, and click ‘subscribe’ again to finalize your transaction.
- Once your account is set up, select add account and enter the Instagram username you want to keep track of. In the end, press the check button.
Now all you need to do is wait for snoopreport to assemble the report. If you want to see who someone has recently followed on their gram, go to the new follows section and find the complete list in chronological order with date and time.
How To See Your Instagram Followers In Chronological Order?
If you are an organized person and don’t like how Instagram shows you a sloppy list whenever you look into your followers and the following list, here are the steps you can use so that your following and follower list are in chronological order:
- Open the Instagram application on your device.
- Tap your follower/following list; once there, tap on the sorted by an icon in the top right corner.
- You can set your list from new to old/ old to new per your preference.