Now and then, we all have been curious about what someone has been up to on Facebook. Who is who’s new friend, who has recently become friends on Facebook, we want to know all. Has this inquisitive and snoopy nature of yours made you wonder how to see someone’s recently added friends on Facebook?
Facebook for decades has been one of the most used social media platforms, it has been loved by all no matter the age or the social circle. Facebook is so relevant, that what happens there affects real life as well. That’s why recently added friends matter.
Additionally, there is no direct way you can see someone’s recent. However, there are different workarounds you can use to see recently added Facebook friends based on the device you are using.
See Someone’s Recently Added Friends On Facebook Using Different Devices
Trying to see someone’s recently added friends on Facebook is not a hard job, and no matter the device you use, we have the perfect solutions for you that can do the job in a few easy steps.
Read ahead as we have simplified the processes for you:
Method 1:Use mac or PC to see someone’s Recently Added Friends on Facebook
Unfortunately, the Recently Added button disappeared for PC and Mac users. But, you can still see a chronological list of friends you added on Facebook. You can follow these simple instructions to see your recently added friends:
- Open your web browser. Log in to your Facebook profile.
- Click on your profile picture in the “What’s on your mind” box to access your profile page quickly.
- Click on the three-dot icon to the right.
- Click Activity Log in the dropdown menu.
- Click Connections in the menu to the left.
- Click Added FriendsClick on the three-dot icon to the right.
You will now see a chronological list of the friends you’ve added This will show the Facebook profiles you’ve added in the previous weeks. If you want to add this new friend to your Favorite Friends list or unfriend them, you can click on the three horizontal dots next to their name.
Method 2: Use Android to see someone’s recently added on Facebook
If you’re using an Android, all you need to do is follow these instructions:
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on your name.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘See all friends.’
- Tap ‘Recent‘ at the top.
Similar to the instructions above, if you click on the three-dot icon, you can access a feature to favorite that particular friend and unfriend them.
If no friends appear, you haven’t friended any new profiles recently. But, you can use the Activity Log as we did on a web browser to see your recently added friends. Here’s what to do:
- Navigate to your profile and tap on the three dots to the right.
- Then, tap on Activity Log.
- Tap the dropdown arrow to the right of Connections.
- Tap Added Friends.
- Now, you can see all of the friends you’ve added on Facebook in chronological order.
Method 3: Use an iOS app to see someone’s recently added friends on Facebook
Viewing your recent friends in the iOS app is similar to the instructions above with a simple variation. If you’re an iPhone user, follow these steps:
- Click on your profile icon in the “What’s on your mind…” box.
- Click on ‘See All Friends.’
- Click on ‘Recent’ at the top.
This method will only show results if you’ve added friends very recently. But, if you want to see friends beyond those parameters, you’ll have to use the Activity Log. Here’s what to do:
- Visit your profile and tap on the three-dot icon to the right of your name.
- Tap on Activity Log.
- Tap on the down arrow to the right of Connections.
- Tap on Added Friends.
- A new page will appear that lists your friends in chronological order.
You can scroll through the list viewing the dates you added your friends.
Method 4: Use social revealer to see recent friends
The Social Revealer extension is an extension available that can easily help you to see someone’s recently added friends on Facebook. The extension easily works with Chrome.
Follow the steps down below to use social revealer:
- Visit the social revealer’s website and install the extension in your browser.
- Open your friend’s profile on a computer using the browser with the installed extension.
- Go to the “Friends” option and tap on it.
- A new tab with friends, including a “recently added” tab, will be shown.
There you can easily see who are the recently added people on that particular profile.
How to Hide Your Friends List on Facebook
If you are someone who doesn’t want people to see their friend list, or the new friends that you add on Facebook you can also hide your friend list on Facebook. If you make your friend list private, nobody except you will be able to see your recent friends. There’s a simple way to do this:
- Open Facebook on your web browser.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Select the Friends tab.
- Click on the three horizontal dots to the right.
- Select Edit Privacy.
- Click the button next to the ‘Who can see your friends list?’ and customize it.
With that, we have reached the end of the article, we have mentioned briefly how you can see someone’s recently added friends on Facebook, you can use a Mac or a PC to do that, seeing recently added friends can also be done through your Android or iPhone.
We have also mentioned that you can use an extension to see recently added friends in a few simple steps. In addition to that, you can also hide your friend list on Facebook if you don’t want people to access that.
You can share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.