If you are a consistent Instagram user, you may have realized it’s not easy to stay up to date with all that is going on in the application.
How To Reverse Audio On Instagram?
Every day, a new trend goes viral on the app, and you have to hustle to create a reel that is both original and captivating. Instagram no longer remains a platform where you talk and share posts with close friends; over the years and especially during the pandemic, it has taken a life of its own and has provided opportunities to millions of users to earn income and livelihood through these 15-second videos.
Recently, a new trend was going viral on Instagram called “reverse audio.” There was something oddly satisfying in listening to audio in reverse order.
Therefore, to keep up with the trend, Instagram added a reverse audio feature to its reels; unfortunately, it was removed after a short while, and users were left to find other sources to rewind their audios.
In this article, we have explained the different workarounds you can use to reverse audio on Instagram.
How To Reverse Audio On Instagram
Method 1: Use Snapchat To Reverse An Audio
Snapchat was the first social networking platform to introduce reverse audio; since Instagram no longer has the feature available, you can use Snapchat to reverse audio and then post it on Instagram. Here’s how you can use Snapchat to change audio; keep in mind this process may take some time, so sit back and follow the steps:
Step 1: Record a Video On Snapchat
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone. Use the Snapchat camera to record your video.
- Once done, swipe to add filters to your video. The motion filters are after the color filters. Swipe left seven times to reach the reverse filter.
- Once you have applied the Reverse filter, you can download the video by tapping the save button in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Upload The Audio To Reels
Now it’s time to upload that audio to Instagram reels. Open the Instagram app, and swipe right to reach your camera screen; alternatively, you could tap the Story button in the top left corner. Now select the ‘reels’ tab from the bottom panel.
To upload a video from your gallery, tap the button in the bottom left corner. Select the video and audio to upload it.
Once you have your reversed video and audio, you can easily post it to your profile. This is the same as posting an image or video. On the bottom right corner, tap the arrow to open the sharing page.
Use a third-party app to reverse a video:
You can use a third-party video editing app to reverse your video if you do not have Snapchat or don’t want to use its incredibly bad camera. You can shoot a video from your device’s camera and reverse it. Use one of the apps below, depending on your preferences.
Method 2: Using The Reverse Movie Fx app
If you don’t want to use Snapchat to reverse audio Snapchat, multiple third-party applications are available that let you change the audio. One such application is ‘Reverse Movie FX.’ The first step is to install the application on your device; it is available in the apple and google play store. Once you have the application on your device, follow the steps given below:
- Go ahead and record your video using your phone camera. Now launch the Reverse Movie FX app. Tap ‘Start Reverse’, then ‘Choose audio.’
- Select the video clip that you would like to reverse from your gallery. Tap ‘Start’ to reverse the clip.
- Once you have your video reversed, use the above method user ‘Upload the video to reels’ to add your video to Instagram reels.
Method #03: Using InShot
Another third-party app you can use to reverse audio is inShot; down below are different ways you can use the InShot application to reverse audio on Instagram.
Guide for Android Users
- Download and install Inshot on your device using the relevant link above. Tap on ‘Video’ once the app is open.
- Select a video from your local storage.
- Tap on the ‘Check mark’ once you are done.
- Scroll the tools at the bottom and tap on ‘Reverse.’ The video will now be processed and reversed.
- Once done, tap on ‘Save’ in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select your resolution and frame rate by tapping on the same.
- Tap on ‘Save’ once you are done.
- You will now be shown an ad that can be skipped. Your video should be automatically saved once the process is complete. You can now tap the Instagram icon to share the reel to your Instagram directly.
Guide for iOS Users
If you’re on iOS, download InShot using the relevant link above. Once downloaded to your local storage, open the app and tap on ‘Video.’
- Select the desired video from your gallery.
- Tap the ‘Check Mark’ once you are done.
- Scroll the tools at the bottom and tap on ‘Reverse.’
- The video will now be processed and reversed.
- Once the process is complete, tap on the ‘Share’ icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select your resolution and frame rate by tapping on the respective options. Once you are done, tap on ‘Save.’
- The video will now be saved to your local storage, and you should be able to access it after watching an ad. You can now tap the Instagram option and post the reel to your profile.
More Third-Party Apps To Reverse Your Reel
It’s not just InShot or Reverse Movie FX; there are tons of apps out there for Android and iOS that allow you to reverse your video. If you have any of these installed on your device, you can also use them to reverse your reels.
- VN video editor
- Filmora Go
- Power Director
All these apps are available for Android and ios users; therefore, you can easily install them from either the apple store or the google play store.
Reverse An Instagram Reel On Desktop
You can also use desktop apps to reverse your video directly from your PC. You can use an online video editor or local app to reverse the desired video. We recommend checking out the following utilities to help reverse your video from the Desktop if interested.
- Kapwing (Webapp)
- Clideo (Webapp)
- EzGif (Webapp)
- Adobe Premier Pro (paid)