Facebook finally integrated Instagram and Messenger with the launch of cross-app messaging. Messenger now offers several new features to Instagram‘s messaging interface, DM. New Instagram’s new messaging tools include customized emojis, colorful chat themes, and message replies and forwarding. They also offer animated message effects and Messenger’s Watch together feature.
How To Reply To A Instagram Message? The ability to respond to specific messages on Instagram Direct is one of the most useful new features in Instagram Direct. Instagram users can now quote and respond to individual messages within a DM. Instagram’s ‘Swipe To Reply to Messages’ function works the same way as Messenger or WhatsApp. You can respond directly to any message within a chat or individual by using the swipe-to-reply’ function. Long conversations can be meaningful thanks to the quoted replies, especially in large groups.
The original message of the message you replied to on Instagram DM is included with your reply. This allows the receiver to see which message was replied to and makes it easy to identify the sender. You can also reply to individual videos, photos, voice messages, stickers, emojis, and GIFs.
How To Reply To A Specific Message On Instagram On The iPhone
You can respond to an Instagram message from someone using an iPhone by doing the following:
- To access messages, tap the messenger icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose the group or private conversation from your messages.
- Locate the message you are looking for in the list. Swipe right until an arrow icon appears. This opens the message box. Or, hold down and click “Reply” at the bottom.
- The selected message will now be displayed above the text input field. Send your reply by typing it in.
- To identify the message you refer to, you can display it in quotes when you choose a message to reply to. If you don’t want to reply, press the reply button at the bottom.
How To Reply To A Instagram Message On An Android Device
It is very similar to the iPhone to reply to an Instagram message. Here are the steps to reply to an Instagram message:
- Open your Instagram account and tap the messages icon in the upper right corner.
- Look for a conversation that contains the message you want to reply to.
- Hold the message on your finger and tap it until it appears above the text box.
- Enter your response. The message you reply to will be attached when you send your message.
Other Methods To Respond To Messages Via Instagram
- Open your IG app to find a message you wish to reply to. Tap the button to open a reply menu.
- You’ll see the original message appear on top in the text box. This will link your current reply to that specific message. Type your reply now and hit the Send button.
- Go to your IG app if you want to reply to a message. Hold down the key and drag it to your IG app.
- Now, type your message and send it.
How To Reply To A Specific Instagram Message On A PC
This new Instagram feature is also available in Instagram’s desktop edition. How to reply to Instagram messages from a computer:
- Open Instagram on your computer.
- Click on the messenger icon at the top right of the feed.
- Start a conversation to find the message that you want to reply to.
- Click the three dots icon beside the message.
- Select “Reply” from the list of options.
- Could you send your response by typing it in? Attach the message to which you have responded.
This is how Instagram DM on Android allows you to reply or respond to a particular message. Were these features you pleased with? In future Instagram updates, we will be adding more features like these. To receive Facebook notifications on Instagram chats, you can connect your Facebook account with Instagram chats. You can then close Facebook Messenger and talk to your Facebook friends.