Roku streaming media players are typically easy to pair using the pairing button on the back of the remote. Press it for a couple of minutes, and your Roku TV or player should connect instantly.
However, if your remote doesn’t have an option to pair it or the button doesn’t work, then you’ll need to know How To Pair A Roku Remote Without Pairing Button. This is what you must learn to ensure that your Roku remote is connected to either your player for media or your Roku TV.
What Is the Pairing Button on a Roku Remote?
The button for pairing on the Roku remote lets you link your remote to the remote. This way, you can operate it from a distance.
The button is usually found on the front part of the device. It is also possible to locate it under the compartment for batteries.
If you are looking to connect your devices, you’ll have to locate the button for pairing and hold it until you can see the light appearing out of the upper part of your remote.
How To Pair A Roku Remote Without Pairing Button
The new Roku TV models do not come with pairing buttons. It automatically connects to your remote whenever they are turned on.
Using a Roku Stick device, you typically have to connect it via that pairing switch.
Sync the Remote Using a Smartphone
The Roku app for smartphones has an option for remote control that you can use to operate your Roku TV. It’s also an excellent method to connect with your Roku remote without buttons for pairing.
All you require is a phone with WiFi.
These are steps you should be followed:
- Visit either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your phone.
- Download the no-cost Roku application.
- It is essential to ensure your phone and Roku device are on the same WiFi network.
- Go to the Roku application. You’ll find an option called remote option choose it.
- This remote option lets you manage your Roku TV via your phone.
- Utilizing your smartphone, search for the Settings followed by remotes and devices choice on the TV.
- Then, select the option to choose the option to Pair with a New Device choice.
Your Roku device will likely scan the internet for compatible remotes. If your remote is operating well, there shouldn’t be any issues.
If you find that your Roku remote isn’t connecting, you may have to follow the steps below.
Sync the Remote Using the “Pair Remote” Option
This feature works only if your television allows you to browse through the settings without the remote.
Below are some steps to following:
- Navigate to the Home screen of the“Home” screen on Your Roku device.
- Continue scrolling down to can find Settings.
- Under the Settings menu, you will access the choice of the remote on the left.
- Then, choose then the remote pair option.
- This feature will instantly pair the remote to the Roku device.
If your remote doesn’t connect automatically, it could indicate an issue with the remote. In this scenario, attempt to fix the problem and restart the Roku device.
How to Solve Common Problems of a Roku Remote
Roku devices, such as remotes, are priced and built to last. But they’re not flawless, and they do fail occasionally.
The Remote Is Not Working or Syncing
The most common issue users face in connection with Roku remotes is that they’re either disconnected frequently or not.
If so, then here’s what you can do: accomplish:
- It is the first thing to do. Turn on your Roku device.
- Turn off the TV, then disconnect it.
- After the TV is disconnected, You must push it with the button that powers the TV (not your remote!).
- Press the button for approximately two minutes.
- Connect and switch on the TV.
- You’ll need to reconnect the remote. You’ll need to use the pairing button or follow the methods discussed earlier.
This should resolve issues with the connection with the Roku devices and your remote. However, if this approach isn’t working, You can try replacing the batteries.
Tip: Certain Roku devices let you restart your TV without disconnecting it. All you have to do is look for Restart in the System Menu—restart option on the System Menu under Settings.
Another common issue with Roku remotes is that they may overheat quickly, which can cause internal problems.
If your remote is too hot when you’re using it, you can try these things:
- Stop immediately if you feel that it’s becoming hot.
- Remove the batteries.
- The remote should be placed in an area that is not flammable.
- Between 10 to 20 minutes.
- Reinstall the batteries.
You may want to think about buying an upgraded remote if you are experiencing frequent overheating.
When to Buy a New Roku Remote
If you’re Roku remote isn’t synching with the TV, or if it is constantly malfunctioning, you might want to buy a new model.
They’re not costly, and you can locate high-end universal models that work with nearly every television.
Amazon, as well as other online platforms, provide Roku-compatible remotes priced at under 11 USD. It is also possible to buy one through Roku.
Tips: Smartphones can function as Roku remotes. All you have been able to do is install Roku’s Roku app and then sync your Roku device to your phone! So you’ll always keep your “remote” in your pocket, and you will never need to look in the dark for your Roku remote ever again!
Connect your Roku remote to your TV in various ways without that pairing feature. Don’t fret when your remote’s pairing feature isn’t working or there’s no button.
Take these steps to pair to a Roku remote without a button for pairing:
- Connect the Roku device with your smartphone by using Roku App. Roku App.
- Make use of your smartphone to get access to Your television’s settings.
- Under Settings, Choose the Settings the Devices and Remotes in the Settings, then select Pair New Devices and the Add a New Device choice.
- It will automatically join your Roku remote to your TV.
It is also possible to sync the remote via the television’s home screen and select the Settings option. Select the option to pair your device. The TV will connect automatically to the remote of your Roku remote.