As a millennial who has dabbed into a fair amount of social networking sites, Snapchat is my go-to app to share photos and videos with my close ones, it not only offers a variety of fascinating and engrossing filters but also allows you to keep track of people’s activities on my feed.
If you are new to Snapchat and want to know How To Hide Your Best Friend List On Snapchat.
You may have noticed certain emojis appearing right next to your friends’ chat profiles after a while whereas if you are an old user you may already be aware of the fact that these emojis describe your nature of friendship with that person.
If you are “pink heart” best friends that means you are each other’s priority on Snapchat. If you are a “yellow heart” best friend that means you have a blooming friendship your way. This can lead you to want to keep your friendships on Snapchat a secret from others and may not want to disclose them to others. In short, you may want to “hide” your friends from others. This article briefly explains what being best friends mean, if you can hide your friends and what are the steps you can take to do so.
Snapchat Best Friend: What Does It Mean?
Being best friends on Snapchat means that you and that person share texts and snaps on a daily basis. You frequently send snaps, share videos, and exchange texts with them, and over time a friend emoji will appear next to your friend’s name. Snapchat offers plenty of emojis that define your relationship with that significant friend. Here are some of those emojis and what they mean:
- Baby: this emoji means that you just became friends with this person.
- Smiling face: this emoji means that this person is one of your eight best friends on Snapchat i.e you have sent more messages to this person than others.
- Gold heart: the gold heart emoji means that you that this other Snapchat user are each other’s best friends. This means you have sent the most amount of texts to each other.
- Red heart: if a red heart is displayed right next to one of your friend’s usernames that means you have been best friends for two weeks in a row.
- Pink hearts: red hearts means that you and that friend have been each other’s best friends for two months in a row.
- Smirking face: this emoji means that you are this person’s best friend but they are not yours. In simple words, they have sent you the most messages but the gesture has not been reciprocated.
- Grimace face: this emoji is displayed when you share a best friend with that person which means that their best friend is your best friend as well.
- Sunglasses face: one of your eight best friends is this person’s one of eight best friends. This emoji means that you share a close friend with this person.
- Fire emoji: This emoji means that you are on a snap streak with a person i.e you and this person share snaps every day. Your snap number would be displayed right next to this emoji.
- Hourglass emoji: this emoji means that your snap streak is on the verge of ending. The immediate solution to this problem is to send a snap, sending a chat won’t help in this situation.
How To Hide Your Best Friend List On Snapchat?
Snapchat does not have any built-in feature that would directly allow you to hide your best friend list. Your best friend list is uploaded right on top whenever you access your friend list. Another thing that may concern you is if someone can see your friend list or not. The answer is NO, no one can access your friend list or your best friends list on Snapchat. The only way someone can access your friend list is through your account only and if someone has access to your account and you want to disguise your friend list from them, you can simply hide your friend by changing the related emoji.
- Open profile.
- Click on the log option on the top right.
- Click on customizing emojis, you can change the emoji to whichever one you want.
IOS users can follow these steps:
- Click on profile.
- Go to manage> Friend emoji.
- Then click on whatever emoji you want to toggle.
However, there are certain tricks you can follow that can help you to remove a person from your best friend list without actually unfriending or blocking them.
How To Remove Snapchat Best Friends?
Pipe down the communication: the easiest way to remove someone from your best friend list is to quit chattering with them, when you stop texting them or sending them snaps they will eventually be removed from your list. The amount of days it may take to remove them largely depends on how many contacts you have.
If you talk to a lot of people and have numerous amount of friends you will have many best friends and if the number of people you contact is few, sending one snap can make them your best friend.
Remove and add them again: if you remove a person from your Snapchat they will be removed from your best friend list. When you unfriend a person on Snapchat all the chats, snaps and everything shared between you will also be erased. So, if you are okay with that you can unfriend them and they will be no longer your friend on Snapchat.
We wish we were able to help you out with your problem, and hope that now you know a little bit more about Snapchat and its functions.