Twitter, the social networking site that was launched in 2006, and since then it has become one of the most popular social media platforms on the internet today, with millions of daily active users that sent out about 500 million tweets daily.
How To Hide Likes On Twitter? Its popularity can be intimidating, especially if you are the kind of person who likes to keep your views, likes, and dislikes to yourself, this has become more prevalent now with the kind of space Twitter has become nowadays. It is hard to stay true to the application since one little small comment can be blown out of proportion.
So, what can we do? Fortunately, Twitter allows you to hide your likes, and this feature can just be the solution to your problems on Twitter.
Read the article, and find out different methods you can follow to hide your tweets on Twitter.
How To Hide Likes On Twitter
Hide Likes On Twitter By Using The ‘Protect Your Tweets’ Feature
- Log in to your Twitter account, and on the left panel, go to More > Settings And Privacy
- Click on Privacy And Safety
- Open Audience And Tagging
- Now Tick Protect You Tweets
This feature makes sure your likes and retweets are not seen by anybody on the app. However, when you protect your tweet it has some other implications as well, these implications are mentioned below.
- When someone wants to follow your Twitter account, they can’t follow and be part of your follower list directly, but instead, they will have to send you a request, and then it is up to you whether you want to add them to your account or not.
- You basically become invisible to people, who aren’t your follower. So, if they try to look you up on Twitter, no results
- Only the ones following you will be able to see your tweets.
Hide Tweets On Twitter By Manually Unliking All Your Likes
If you are not okay with the privacy terms, there are ways to hide your likes on Twitter manually, this is also a simple step, but it involves you manually doing it, without wasting much time. Let’s dive in.
- Visit your Twitter Profile
- Click on Likes
- Here you will see all your likes and Tweets, now find that particular tweet you want to unlike and then unlike it. If you also want to unlike all of the likes, then manually go through and do them one by one.
But that is considerable work, especially if you are a Twitter addict like me who will like almost any exciting tweet I see, if you are like me, then it will not be easy to unlike all the tweets, but there is a way around it.
And that way is using Google chrome to unlike all your Likes on Twitter. Let’s dive into that steps.
Hide Likes On Twitter By Using Google Chrome Browser
- Log in to your Twitter profile on Google Chrome
- Visit The Likes Page
- Click on the F12 key on your keyboard to access the Chrome Console Tab
- Copy this code and paste it into the console field $(‘.ProfileTweet-actionButtonUndo.ProfileTweet-action–unfavorite’).click();
- Now hit run to let the script run. After it’s done, it will then unlike all your likes tweet for you. Simple right?
Hide Likes On Twitter By Using Third-Party App
Although using third-party apps makes the work easy to do, you should be careful about the type of app you choose.
When you decide to do these kinds of work, these apps need access to your account, and because of this, you have to make sure you trust the app you are using.
Using third-party apps does not mean all the apps are not legit. Some of them are legit, and this tutorial will cover one of the best third-party apps to dislike all your liked tweets.
Circleboom is the app we are going to use for this tutorial. It is a freemium app, meaning it allows users to use the section for free. The free version will enable users to unlike 20 Tweets at a time, and also, if you want to use the app to the fullest, you can pay for it.
How is how to use Circleboom to dislike all your likes tweets
- On your Circleboom dashboard, log in to your Twitter account with your Twitter credentials to see Twitter analytics and activities.
- Head over to my Tweets. You will then be able to all the tweets you have made and choose, Unlike Tweets.
- You can select the tweets you want to unlike, but if you are like me and want to hide everything, click on, Unlike All.
Twitter Archive Eraser
This freemium app can delete all your Twitter likes without any promise. Unfortunately, they don’t promise to delete all your likes due to an existing Twitter API bug. You may try, but they don’t give you a refund if this tool doesn’t work for you.
The Twitter Archive Eraser app is for Mac or Windows computers, not mobile phones.
You have to buy a premium plan to access all your tweets for the last twelve years. You can delete only 1,000 tweets for free, but the time limit is only two years.
Hide likes on Twitter using Twitter Archive Eraser:
- Install the app on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Open the app and sign in with your account credentials.
- Then, click the “Authorize app” button.
- Next, click on the “Complementary features” and “OK” buttons on.
- Next, click the “Delete favorites” and “OK” buttons.
- Next, click on the “Load archive” button to upload the zip. Select the year and month to see and hide your likes on Twitter. Go ahead by clicking the Next button.
- Next, you see all tweets you liked.
- Unlike all tweets or delete only selected tweets.
Follow the method that is most convenient to you, and you can easily hide likes on Twitter.