Google Maps is one of the most popular GPS Navigation tools on the market currently. It is easy to locate points of interest, eateries, and routes for maps that are adapted to your requirements in only several clicks. But what happens if you wish to pin a place that’s not already pinged? And How To Get GPS Coordinates On Google Maps. It is necessary to obtain the GPS coordinates for the location to keep track of the location.
If you want the exact coordinates for an exact place on a map Google Maps is the most reliable and accurate method to obtain the coordinates. It is also possible to make use of Google Maps to find a spot based on GPS coordinates. GPS coordinates are unique at a particular location on a map. you can use these coordinates to arrange the location for a meeting or to verify that the directions you are giving are accurate.
How To Get GPS Coordinates On Google Maps on the iPhone
A majority of people use Google Maps while on the go. Since phone users are typically online, it’s simple to establish your GPS on your mobile. To find GPS coordinates of a place on maps you must follow these steps:
- Start Google Maps. Open the Google Maps app.
- Tap and hold an unmarked location on the maps. Use your fingers to zoom in on the map to beware of other pins.
- Red pins will be visible at the top spot of the red pin.
- Scroll upwards from the top in Google Maps to reveal the Longitude and Latitude of the area you’ve chosen.
- The coordinates can be saved on your clipboard by pressing them. After that, you can forward them to anyone you’d like to by copying them into an app for messaging.
- You can also share your location by sliding to the right of the menu located at the top. Tap on Share.
As you can see, it’s easy to find the GPS coordinates from any random place on Google Maps.
How To Get GPS Coordinates On Google Maps on an Android Device
Android devices are famous for their simplicity of use, in particular, Google Maps is no different. If you’re using Android then follow these instructions instead:
- Open Google Maps.
- Find the location you’d like to locate the coordinates of. You can scroll and zoom using your fingers.
- Tap and hold onto an unpinned spot on the map
- A red pin appears at the point of entry.
- You can see the decimal coordinates within the Search Bar.
- You can use the search button to save these coordinates onto your clipboard.
How To Get GPS Coordinates On Google Maps on a PC
If you’re on a computer there isn’t a dedicated desktop application to use Google Maps. You can however use any internet browser:
- Start your browser, any browser can be used.
- Enter ” maps.google.com” in the URL bar.
- Find the location you’d like the coordinates to be using the mouse. Utilize the wheel of your mouse to move the mouse wheel in either direction.
- Right-click the location you want. In the menu, click What’s on the menu?
- A small-sized card will be displayed on the bottom, with more details regarding the location. In addition, the GPS location will also be displayed in the data.
Google Maps makes it simple to find GPS coordinates from anywhere across the world.
Tips for Entering Coordinates
Google Maps offers some formatting guidelines for entering coordinates that you must keep in mind. It is possible to use degrees minutes, seconds, and degrees (DMS) degrees, as well as decimal minute (DMM) or decimal degrees (DD).
Also, be sure to adhere to these suggestions to use Google Maps when entering coordinates online or using any mobile device.
- Make use of the symbol for degrees instead of the”d “d.”
- Use periods as decimals, not commas.
- Always put the latitude in front of the longitude.
- Check that your first number on latitude is in the range of -90 to 90.
- Make sure that you have the correct first number. longitude is in the range of -180 to 180.