Recently, there has been an explosion of Discord spam, particularly when you’re in large groups. If you’d like to be sure that you aren’t a victim of scams posted on Discord, you should follow these steps to know How To Disable DMs on Discord?
Someone will find you on an online group and send a direct message to you. This could be a swindle or self-promotion or simply a friendly greeting, but one thing is certain: it’s a real pain.
How do you start a direct message?
- This can be done in many ways. To open this menu, click on the username or profile picture of the recipient.
- Enter your message in the box at the bottom and hit Enter to send it.
- You can also right-click the user to open the DM channel.
- You can open the channel from your friend’s list if the recipient is already on your list. Click the Discord logo at the top-left and choose “Friends.”
- To open the DM channel, locate the recipient by clicking the speech bubble icon.
- If you already have a DM Channel with the recipient, they will be listed under “Direct Messages” after clicking the Discord logo at the top-left corner. To open the DM channel, click them there.
How To Disable DMs On Discord
Eliminating random DMs is simple. Discord does have a feature that allows you to disable DMs from other users on your Discord server. This means that the people you are friends with can still privately message you.
Follow the steps listed below to turn off private messages within Discord.
Step 1 – Open Discord & Go To Settings
Start the Discord application and click the settings COG located in the lower-left corner.
Step 2 – Go To Privacy Settings & Turn Off Access To Private Messages
In the settings menu, select Privacy and Safety on the left-hand side. Scroll down until “Server Privacy Defaults”.
Turn “Allow Direct Messages From Server Members” to OFF. The setting will automatically turn off; therefore, you must disable it.
Use The Instructions Listed Below To Disallow Direct Messages in Discord:
- Start the Discord mobile application on your computer, Macbook, or Chromebook.
- You can access the settings for your user by selecting the icon just below your username in the lower-left corner of Discord.
- In the settings for users, you can choose privacy & Safety.
- Turn off direct messages from Server members.
- If you are asked to do so, click yes to disable Direct messages sent from every Discord server.
Disable Direct Messages in Discord
- Open Discord mobile on your Macbook, Chromebook, or PC.
- You can access the user settings by clicking the gear icon next to your username at the bottom of Discord.
- Select Privacy & Safety in the user settings.
- Toggle off Allow direct messaging from server members
- Answer the question “Yes” to disable direct messages from Discord servers
How To Block Unwanted Communications On Discord
- Tap Privacy & Safety from User Settings.
- You can disable the Allow direct messages to server members option.
- You can also select Server members and Everyone from the same menu.
How To Block Inappropriate Content
Discord allows you to create an explicit content filter. This will allow you to delete and upload images containing inappropriate or graphic content automatically.
- Tap Privacy & Safety from User Settings
- Make sure to check the Keep Me Safe box. This will remove explicit content and ensure it’s never been seen.
Commonly Asked Questions
How can I disable Discord’s DMS?
Click on Privacy and Safety in the settings section. Turn off “Allow Direct Messaging from Server Members” to turn off.
How can I enable direct messages in Discord?
Click the Discord logo at the top-left and choose “Friends.” To open the DM channel, locate the recipient from the list.
How can I modify my Discord DM settings?
You can change your DM settings in User Setting>Privacy & Security>Toggle “Allow DMs to server members” This allows anyone on your servers to DM you! Ask your friend to do the same. To avoid these problems, add each other as friends!
Is it possible to DM anyone on Discord?
Discord does not allow us to chat with other users unless we are friends. If you want to chat with someone (and have their user ID), it’s not as easy as tapping the chatbox, looking up their name, and sending a message.
Discord can see your DMs
My friends are nice: This is the best option! This will allow Discord to scan any images that have been sent to it by users, not on your friend list. However, Discord can also trust previously-added friends to keep any photos they send safe.