How to delete WhatsApp images on a laptop? This is one of the most frequently asked questions by WhatsApp users. With WhatsApp being one of the most popular social media platforms and having millions of subscribers, the developers of the application try their best to enumerate new features on the platform to make it more feasible for the users.
One such feature is the syncing devices feature. This feature lets WhatsApp users link one account on multiple devices and operate them concurrently.
However, this feature came with a list of queries and doubts, one of them being how WhatsApp images are deleted.
In this article, we have briefly explained the steps you should follow to solve this dilemma.
How To Delete WhatsApp Images On A Laptop – Step-By-Step Process
Deleting a WhatsApp image from your mobile phone is an easy feat. all you have to do is press and hold the image you want to delete. Once your image is selected, a menu will appear on top of your screen, select the delete icon, and then select the delete for me option.
However, deleting a WhatsApp image from your desktop could be a tricky process for some of you users out there. Worry not, we have made the process easy for you, just in few clicks, you will be able to delete WhatsApp images on a laptop.
Step 1: Download The Application
The first step if you want to delete an image on WhatsApp is to download the app on your desktop. Follow these steps to download Whatsapp on your desktop.
- Open your desktop’s browser, and go to the WhatsApp download page, then download the file. Make sure you are downloading a .exe or .dmg file.
- Once the download is complete, open the .exe or .dmg file and install the application.
Step 2: Link Your Phone With Your Desktop.
Once you have the application on your desktop, the next step is to sync your mobile with your desktop. To sync your device with your mobile phone, follow these steps.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Click on the three dots available on the top right of the screen
- Click on linked devices.
- From the window that appears, click the link to a device button.
- Point the camera of your phone to the QR code shown on your desktop window, once your phone scans the code, you will be logged in to WhatsApp on your desktop.
Step 3: Load The Message Thread.
Once your device is synced, open WhatsApp on your laptop and wait for it to upload your messages. Once the messages have been uploaded, select the one that has the media file that you want to delete.
Step 4: Delete Media Files.
In the last step, go to the media file that you want to delete, on the drop-down menu available on the top right of each media file, select delete messages.
Once you press delete the WhatsApp image will be deleted from your device.
How To Delete Whatsapp Messages On A Laptop?
If you have recently started using WhatsApp on your laptop and are not familiar with its works, read the next section of the article to find out solutions to the problems you might be facing. To learn how to delete WhatsApp messages, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your laptop/pc and launch WhatsApp on it find the message you would like to delete and click on the Contact Name on the top.
- Once you clicked on the contact name, it will open a new frame with the contact information and allow you to Delete Chat.
- Alternatively, find the chat and click on the three dots and choose Delete Chat.