It is not surprising to see how social media platforms have been trying to up their games recently, with how competitive it has become, everyone is trying to be the most popular one. And this race to become the best has led social media platforms to enumerate more and more engaging features on the application. In this article, we are going to shed light on one such feature, particularly on How To Delete Cameo Selfie On Snapchat.
Snapchat has turned your face into a cartoon before. Unlike Bitmoji, Snapchat Cameos are essentially short videos or self-curated GIFs that you can exchange with your contacts instead of emoji. However, they serve a similar purpose on the app as Bitmoji. Which is providing the users with a more efficient way to convey their emotions and reactions in a conversation.
To use this new feature, you’ll need to take a selfie within the app to show it what you look like. Afterward, you’ll have over a hundred looped videos to choose from. You can put your face on a stand-up comedian’s body, turn yourself into an avocado, or insert your face into the latest internet meme.
How To Delete Cameo Selfie On Snapchat
To delete a Snapchat cameo selfie you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- To delete the Cameo selfie, launch the Snapchat app and tap on your Bitmoji in the top left corner.
- Now, click settings and scroll down all the way to the bottom. Select on the clear my Cameo selfie and clear.
- That is all there is to it. you have successfully deleted the Cameo selfie
How to Create Your Cameo
In order to start using your Snapchat Cameos, follow these steps.
- After you launch Snapchat, open a chat with one of your contacts.
- Tap the face icon in the message window. Scroll down and find the Cameos logo there (it looks like a double-faces outline).
- Click on the Cameos logo. You will then be prompted to take a selfie. Make sure you don’t smile or frown when taking that picture. That would make it more difficult for Snapchat to change your facial expressions and will ultimately mess up some of the Cameos.
- You can also choose a gender for your Cameos. There’s an option to skip that step though.
- Once you’re done with your selfie, you will get a selection of different Cameos every time you open a chat with one of your contacts. You can choose one from the suggestions that pop up or pick one of the emotions and responses in the Cameos window.
How to manage cameo selfies
Now that you know how to set up your first Cameo, learn to manage the feature and use it to entertain your friends and other Snapchat contacts.
Retake Your Cameo Selfie
When taking a selfie for Cameos, Snapchat will ask you to try not to smile. That’s because the app will then stretch and move it to make sure it fits different looping videos. If you find that the picture you’ve taken doesn’t quite work for your Cameos, you can retake it.
To retake your Cameo selfie, do the following:
- Open a chat with one of your contacts.
- Tap the smiley face in the message window.
- Find Cameos, click More, and then New Selfie.
Once you retake your selfie, you won’t be able to use the previous Cameos again until you take a new similar picture again.
Save Your Cameos
Similar to Bitmoji, you can use your Snapchat Cameos outside of the app. In order to do that, you’ll need to save them to your camera roll. To save a Cameo from one of your chats, click and hold on to it. Then tap Save to Camera Roll. Now you can send the Cameo on another social media network of your choice.
How to Do Two-Person Snapchat Cameos?
Everything on Snapchat is more interesting when you do it with friends. Cameos can also be a joint effort. When you first make a cameo, there’s an option to enable two-person cameos. Tap on that and enable making cameos with friends.
This way you’ll be able to enjoy making a double-feature cameo and have a lot of fun with your besties. For now, only two people can participate in Snapchat cameos, but perhaps that number will grow in the future.
Also, make sure to allow your friends to use your Cameo Selfie. Otherwise, cameos with friends won’t work.
- Open Snapchat and go to your profile.
- Select the Settings and choose to Use my Cameos Selfie.
- Choose Everyone or My Friends. If you choose Only Me, you won’t be able to take two-person cameos on Snapchat.
How to Change Text on Snapchat Cameos
Cameos can look even better if you add some text. The templates can easily incorporate text that can be moved around your Cameo and fit in its theme. If you decide to include words or lines of text in your Cameo, this is how to do it:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Enter a chat where you want to send your Cameo.
- Type text that you want to send in the Text box.
- On the right side of the Text box, you’ll see an emoji or smiley icon.
- Once you tap on it, a new menu will open. The second option will be “Cameo.”
- Every Cameo will have the text you typed, so you can choose the one you’d like to send.
- Tap on it and click “Send,” and your friend will get your Cameo with a text.
Snapchat has become one of the most popular social media platforms because of its innovative and engaging features, one of which we discussed above, you can create fun and entertaining cameos using your creativity and add your friends as well to the fun.