Snapchat is a popular social media platform where users can share short pictures and videos, popularly termed as snaps with their friends to essentially earn internet points known as Snapscore.
In this article, we have covered how what are Snapchat groups and how they work, and especially how to delete a Snapchat group if you no longer want to be a part of one.
The app was launched in the year 2011. Within a decade of its release, the application has 293 million active users, which has made Snapchat one of the most popular social media applications in the world. Whichever corner of the world you go to Snapchat has made a name for itself there.
Snapchat offers you a plethora of features. You can record and share live videos, you can locate friends on a map as well share your location with them, and with recent features added you can now experience augmented reality on the application too.
How To Delete A Snapchat Group: Methods
Social media groups, in general, are a great way of keeping in touch with friends and family. Communicating in groups saves you a great deal of time, now, you don’t have to follow the same process multiple times just so you can deliver the same message to multiple users. Snapchat group allows you to share snaps, chat, and even video call with your close friends and relatives.
Groups on Snapchat work more or less similar to the groups on other social media platforms like Instagram or Whatsapp, you can connect with multiple people at the same time. However, on Snapchat groups, you will be notified of each and every activity of other people and you can make your snaps more entertaining by adding filters and effects to them.
Remember, the snaps you share on the group are not counted as streaks, so they wouldn’t be added to your streak score, they will only be shared as normal pictures.
Here’s what you do if you want to delete a Snapchat group:
Method 1: Create a New Group
If you are planning on deleting a Snapchat group because of a person or two, the best workaround would be to create a new group with all the members you wish to have, and leave the ones you don’t want out. Here’s how to create a new group chat on Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Tap the chat button located in the bottom bar.
- Tap on the new chat icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Choose the “New Group” option and give a relevant name to the group.
- Add the names of required members in the “To” field. You can add up to 100 people to the Snapchat group.
- Select “Chat with the group” at the bottom. Now, enjoy the newly created group.
Method 2: Let the Group Expire on Its Own
Another way you can delete a Snapchat group without actually being the person to dissolve the group is by not sharing texts or pictures on the group for a certain amount of time.
Once you stop interacting with the group, Snapchat will automatically dissolve the group and the Snapchat group will cease to exist.
Method 3: Leave the Group
If a Snapchat group no longer interests you or thinks it is just a waste of your time, you can always choose to leave the group. You can also leave the old group after creating a new one.
Follow these simple steps if you want to leave a Snapchat group:
- Launch Snapchat on your Android or iOS device.
- Click on the chat icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Open the group chat.
- Tap on the name of the chat.
- Tap on the three vertical dots located on the top right.
- Select the “Leave Group” option and confirm your selection.
How To Leave a Snapchat Group?
You might come across a time or situation when you want to leave a group for personal reasons. Maybe the group is too active for your liking, or you just don’t want to be a part of it anymore. Whatever the reason, leaving a Snapchat group is easy. Here’s how you do it:
- First of all, open the Snapchat app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the chat icon or swipe right to open conversations.
- Tap and hold the name of the group you want to leave.
- Select “Leave Group” to quit the group.
- It’ll ask for confirmation; select “Leave,” and you’re done
How To Create Groups on Snapchat?
Snapchat groups are entertaining, and you can create a Snapchat group with the following process:
- Firstly, open the Snapchat app.
- Tap on the chats icon in the bottom bar.
- You’ll find the blue new chat button in the bottom right corner. It’ll open a new window for creating a chat.
- Tap on “New Group.”
- Add the group name and add people to the group.
- Once you add people, hit “Chat with Group,” and you are done.
How To Add Snapchat Friends to a Group Chat?
The first method is adding your Snapchat friends to a group when creating it. In the process, you can add people with the “To” field.
In case you missed someone, don’t worry. You can add them later. Just press and hold on to the group chat, tap “Add Members to Group,” and add more people to the group.
How to edit a Snapchat group name?
Just follow these steps and you will find out how you can do it:
- Go to the camera screen and click on the chat icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Now tap and hold the group chat that name you want to edit.
- From the appeared menu select More.
- Hit Edit Group Name.
- Now change your group name and tap the Save button.
With that, we have reached the end of our article, and we hope we were able to shed light on your confusion. Deleting a Snapchat group is a few-step process, you can choose the best method for you and delete away Snapchat groups.