Many people are curious to know how to delete a message on Tinder, so in this article, we have listed two methods you can follow to delete a message on Tinder.
Online dating is not a new phenomenon. In fact, dating websites have been around as long as the internet, with websites like Match.com and JDate. However, the dating game completely transformed when Tinder came into the scene.
The app introduced a new way to find potential partners, based on a swipe method — right for yes, left for no. Suddenly, online dating didn’t feel as laborious. If you’re new to the dating scene or just to online dating, you might not be that familiar with this method. The application is easy to use and is fun and entertaining.
As we’ve mentioned, Tinder is an app available both on Android and iOS. Unlike old-fashioned dating websites, it doesn’t require you to answer long questionnaires to find a match or set up elaborate profiles. You can actually install it and start using it within minutes.
However, as easy as it is to meet and get to know people on tinder, it is also not surprising, if you send a wrong text to someone on tinder and want to delete it right after, or you talked to someone but no longer want to keep any kind of contact with them, and want to delete the whole conversation with them. We have listed a few ways you can follow to delete a message on tinder.
How To Delete A Message On Tinder
There are two methods you can follow to delete a message on tinder, the methods are listed down below.
You should unmatch the person’s profile to delete the messages with a particular person on Tinder. By doing so, it deletes the entire chat with the person.
- First, Log in to your Tinder account.
- Go to the Message tab by clicking the Message logo on the bottom of your mobile.
- Navigate to the profile you want to unmatch.
- Inside the chat, you can see a Blue Shield in the top right corner. Click on it.
- By clicking, you can see two options in a pop-up saying Report/ Unmatch and Unmatch Only. Select Unmatch only.
By unmatching them, the entire chat gets deleted from your chat list, and you can’t be able to message them again.
Another possible way to delete your messages is by deleting your Tinder account.
- Log In to your Tinder account on your smartphone.
- Click your Profile icon.
- Select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the Delete Account option.
- By clicking on it, you will see a pop-up asking whether to Pause or Delete your account.
- Click on Delete Account.
Finally, your entire profile data, which includes your profile picture, bio, chats, and contact info, will be deleted from the Tinder server.
How To Send Someone A Message On Tinder
Now that we have covered how to delete a message on tinger, in the next section of the article, we have explained how you can text someone on tinder, as it can be a complicated process. Read the process carefully.
- To message someone on Tinder, you have to be matched with that person. First, launch the app and log in. Tap the speech bubble icon to see your match list, and then tap the person whom you want to chat with. Tap in the box labeled “Message”, write what you want to say, and then tap the Send button. Sounds pretty easy, right? It is, but we’ll give you specific instructions that show you what everything looks like anyways.
- Turn on your mobile device, launch the app, and log in (our How to Set Up Tinder tutorial shows you how).
- From your main screen on Tinder, tap the speech bubble icon in the menu across the top.
- You will now see a list of people whom you’ve successfully matched with. “New Matches” are people whom you’ve matched with on Tinder, but haven’t sent a message to — or received a message from — yet. “Messages” shows your matches who have received at least one message from you, or have sent at least one message to you. The last message sent by either of you will be displayed beside the match’s name.
- You can also tap inside the box labeled “Search Matches” and type in the name of a particular match to filter your match list as you type. This is handy if you have quite a few matches and don’t want to have to scroll through them all in order to find a particular one.
When you find the match whom you wish to send a message, tap their name.
- Once you’re inside the chat interface for a particular match, you can see a log of your interactions with that match. This includes the date that you were matched with this Tinder user, as well as the date and time of any messages that either of you has sent the other.
- If you tap the heart icon beside a message that your match has sent you, it will show that you appreciate their comment.
- To send a message yourself, tap the box labeled “Message” at the bottom of the screen. Then, use your device’s (virtual) keyboard to type in what you want to say to your match. Then tap the Send button.
You can also tap the GIF button and search your device for a picture to send to your match. Note that, as the name of the button implies, only gifs can be sent using this option.
With that, we have reached the end of the article, we hope we were able to assist you with how to delete texts on tinder, and how you can send texts on tinder.