Like any other social media platform, Reddit also allows an individual to put a reflection of them on the internet by creating and managing their sub-reddit. however, it is vastly different than other social media platforms as well. But do you know How To Delete A Chat On Reddit?
When it comes to interacting on the app, initially you can only do that by posting sub-reddits they aggregate either from the web or create themselves and other users can comment, discuss, upvote, or downvote it.
Once you have accumulated a certain number of karma points then only Reddit allows you to send or receive private messages and when you send messages sometimes you may also want to delete them. That is where we come to the rescue.
In this article, we have briefly explained different methods you can follow to delete a chat on Reddit.
Tips And Tricks To Delete Reddit Chat:
Once you have accumulated enough karma, Reddit allows you to send and receive texts on the application. However, once you have sent a message in the chat, it goes to the other person’s inbox and cannot be deleted. You can only delete the texts you have received and not the ones you have sent.
The process of deleting messages you have sent may differ from device to device and depends on the platform you are using.
How To Delete A Chat On Reddit: IOS And Android
- Open Reddit on your mobile, and log in.
- Next to the pencil icon you will find the chat menu, click on it.
- Select the user whose messages you want to delete.
- Long press and hold the messages.
- Select delete the message, and click it.
How To Delete A Chat On Reddit: On The Web
- Open the browser and search reddit.com.
- Once you have entered the website, log in to your account.
- Go to the Reddit menu bar and tap the chat icon. All your messages will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the person whose chat you want to delete.
- Click on the delete icon located next to each message, and press delete.
Keep in mind that Reddit only allows you to delete texts that you have sent and not the ones you have received.
Why Can’t I Send A Private Message On Reddit?
If every time you try to send a direct message on Reddit it shows an error message sorry, please try again, it could be because you don’t have enough karma on the application.
Karma is a person’s score on the application, they are ‘fake internet points you get when you either post or comment on Reddit. It is the subtotal difference between the upvotes and the downvotes a person receives on Reddit. High karma reflects your contribution toward the communities and people on Reddit.
A high karma score also grants you the privilege to send private texts on the app. So, if you are new to the app set out to accumulate karma.
Different ways to accumulate karma;
- The best way to earn karma is by making posts and comments that can aid you in increasing your upvotes.
- Another way is to either send or receive awards. However, this is a hit-or-miss method so this may or may not help you accumulate karma.
How To Delete All Messages On Reddit?
The answer to this question is no. There’s no straightforward way to delete the whole chat on Reddit.
There’s no feature on the app that lets you delete the whole chat, neither on the web nor on the mobile versions. Still, if you wish to delete a whole chat you will have to delete each message one by one.
You can delete a text by clicking the “delete” option available at the bottom of each message.
Does The Other Person Gets Notified When You Delete Messages On Reddit?
There are two cases here:
If you delete a past message on Reddit, the other person won’t be notified.
Whereas, when you send a message and delete it before the other person sees it, then the person would receive a notification regarding the message but he won’t be able to see the message.
The following methods will help you to delete a chat on Reddit the most effective way.