Airpods are a groundbreaking product that has revolutionized how people listen to podcasts, music, and much more. But do you know How To Connect Airpods To Oculus Quest 2
If you’re looking for a seamless gaming experience without wires strewn across your flooring and walls, Airpods are the best option for you! AirPods can be wirelessly connected to Oculus Quest Two, so you don’t need any additional wires or cables in your bedroom or living room.
It’s not easy connecting AirPods with Oculus Quest Two, but it is possible. It is possible to connect your AirPods in just a couple of steps. It will provide you with uninhibited, uninterrupted gaming.
Making the connection of AirPods to oculus quest 2 isn’t an issue. Suppose you own Apple AirPods and want to connect the AirPods to the Oculus quest 2 using Bluetooth. The process can be completed via the Bluetooth Pairing option under the ‘Experimental Features within the settings.
However, you may be experiencing audio latency of 5 to 0 seconds, and the video frame frequently isn’t as good, so you should be prepared for it. The solution to these problems is substantially by connecting a Bluetooth receiver to the headset. For the rest of the article, we’ve provided details on connecting the oculus quest 2 to the AirPods and the best way to cut down on the latency.
How To Connect Airpods To Oculus Quest 2
Making the connection of AirPods to the oculus quest 2 headset is pretty simple. Follow the steps we’ve listed to join the AirPods to the Oculus quest 2 headsets through Bluetooth.
- Power on your Oculus quest 2 headset
- Go to the Settings
- Go to the “experimental features.’
- Locate your Bluetooth pairing option, then click on the Bluetooth pairing option.
- Click on the ‘pair a new device.’
- Get your AirPods and press and hold the pair button.
- Connect the AirPods with the Oculus Quest 2. Click on “pair” after seeing the AirPods in the list of devices.
If you encounter any issues or difficulties during this pairing, follow these steps:
- Start by restarting your quest 2 headset.
- Then, place the two AirPods into the charging case.
- Cover the charging case, and then wait about 15 seconds.
- Open the lid
- The AirPods should be removed, and then hold and press the setting button in the case for about 10 minutes.
- If the status light turns white, AirPods are connected and ready to go.
- Repeat the pairing procedure mentioned above, and enjoy your VR games or films.
Oculus Quest 2 Limitations with AirPods
It’s evident that because that Bluetooth feature is located under the “Experimental Features” menu, there are some disadvantages to using AirPods in conjunction with an Oculus Quest 2. It all depends on what you’re trying to gain from your VR experience and if having problems with the audio quality is a problem for you.
You may be faced with:
- Lagging or dropped frame rates, as well as dropped frames. Lagging or dropped frame rates may be a significant issue in-game that is fast-paced or has high levels of movement, such as Beat Saber. The Oculus isn’t equipped with enough processing power to run gaming and wireless earbuds simultaneously.
- Audio and video that is choppy. It could be due to you connecting your Oculus and your AirPods being insecure, and you’ll experience instances when audio is cut off and the video is stuttering. Stuttering could render every game playable.
But, there are fewer problems when streaming apps such as Netflix or Amazon Prime, so if you plan to utilize your AirPods to stream content via the Oculus and Oculus Rift, you could avoid the problems gamers face.
How Can You Fix The Issues With Using AirPods Using An Oculus?
Suppose you decide to pair your AirPods with your Oculus during gaming. There might be a solution that will help you avoid issues such as stuttering and lagging. A Bluetooth transmitter that connects to the 3.5-millimetre audio jack on your Oculus headset could help.
The VR headset will utilize a Bluetooth transmitter, which amplifies digital audio and the visual. There is a lag of 40 milliseconds when transmitting the signal, which can be quick enough to make you notice it while gaming. It’s an excellent method of giving your Oculus an edge so that you can connect other wireless devices such as your AirPods without impacting the gaming experience or streaming.
How To Set Up A Bluetooth Transmitter For An Oculus
After you have decided which Bluetooth transmitter will work best for you, you’ll have to set some settings within your headset settings to ensure that everything is functioning exactly as it is supposed to. You should, however, be able to connect the majority of Bluetooth devices and make them function entirely automatically.
To create the Bluetooth transmitter: Bluetooth transmitter:
- Connect your Bluetooth receiver to an audio socket with the cable supplied. You might want to attach velcro straps to the cable, the transmitter, and the headset to prevent tangling in cords or accidentally taking the cable from the audio connector.
- On the Oculus Quest 2 and open the Settings menu.
- Click on your “Experimental Features” menu and select”Bluetooth Pairing” under the menu “Bluetooth Pairing” option.
- Switch on your AirPods so that they’re pairable.
- Connect with your Oculus and your AirPods using the “Pair” button.
- Take a moment to wait to allow the pairing procedure process to finish.
You must follow the other steps necessary to set up your Bluetooth transmitter before connecting it to your Oculus headset. Ensure that you read the user’s guide before proceeding with the setup process.
Connect Your Noise-Cancelling Headphones to Bluetooth
Another fantastic feature you can utilize in conjunction with the Oculus Quest 2 device is its Bluetooth feature. AirPods are an excellent illustration of this since they can be attached to any other device compatible with Bluetooth connectivity!
A frequent question concerning using the Oculus Quest 2 is the way to connect Airpods or other headphones that block noise with your Oculus Quest 2. If you have wired noise-cancelling headphones, all you need to do is connect them to the Oculus Quest Two headphone jack.
However, if you have Airpods or other Bluetooth-compatible, noise-cancelling headphones, there is no need to worry because they can still be used with the AirPods! The good thing with Airpods is that, since they’re wireless, it is only natural that they can connect wirelessly to devices like the Oculus Quest 2!
Issues With Performance You Must Address When Oculus Quest 2 Comes Connected to AirPods.
If you’ve successfully connected the oculus quest 2 with your AirPods with the procedure mentioned above, now is the moment to test. Even if you’ve connected the AirPods correctly, the sad reality is that the pairing option default to the oculus quest 2 may not yield the results you want. The most frequent issues are as follows:
- Between 0 and 5 seconds, audio delay while video and tracking might work flawlessly.
- Sometimes, extreme frame drops and overall delays can also be seen.
The problems mentioned above don’t relate to the development of AirPods. The issue is because of issues with the general Bluetooth settings of the oculus quest 2.
The processor used in Oculus quest 2 uses Snapdragon XR2. This chipset utilizes Qualcomm Fastconnect 6800 for Bluetooth. Qualcomm Fastconnect 6800 does not support AptX low latency support.
The AptX is a must-have to experience real-time video and audio entertainment. However, there are positive aspects as well. Regular movies or videos can be played smoothly with AirPods connected with quest 2. So, if you’re willing to use the headset for viewing or listening to music, you can do it without any issue.
There are certain limitations when using Oculus Quest 2 headset; there are no limitations to using wireless devices with Oculus Quest 2; it’s still possible to utilize AirPods in conjunction with the headset. There are also ways to smooth out the experience so that you aren’t stuttering or slowing down; that are the main problems.
Don’t ignore the benefits of wired headsets. Although the VR headset is wireless, it has limitations to the information it can handle. A wired audio device could enhance your gaming experience and make VR much more fun. Utilizing Velcro to keep cables from getting in the way, you can be sure that you’re secure while keeping you fully immersed in VR.