You know one great thing that Instagram completed its 10 years with us. We are happy to inform you that after completing their 10 years they allowed us to make some changes to our app. It gave them access to people to change icons throughout the October month of 2021.
You can change your Instagram icon to several different icons as there are many different options available for you from where you can choose and it also includes the classic polaroid icon.
So if you are finding it hard to change their Instagram icon on their iPhone then you need to worry anymore as we are here with the steps that you need to follow and you will be there.
Without talking any further let us start with our article on how to change the Instagram icon on your iPhone. You can easily change your Instagram icon on any of the devices as we are going to tell you the steps for every device here.
You Can Change The Instagram Icon on Your iPhone By Following These 7 Easy Steps:
While changing icons on your iPhone can be a bit tricky as compared to the android device. But worry not we will surely make it easy for you. So follow these steps and you will be there. Well, there are different ways to change your icon on your iPhone as well as on your iPad. You can also go for the shortcut app for iOS so that you can create a custom icon for Instagram.
- In the first step, you need to launch the app on your iOS device
- After that, you need to go to your profile
- In the third step you need to tap the menu and that is the three bars that you will see at the right corner of the page.
- After that, you need to choose the settings option.
- Then you need to pull your screen downwards in order to make it visible a burst of confetti.
- In the sixth step, you need to select an icon of your own choice
- In the last step, you need to check the select option.
In Nutshell if you have your iOS device then all you need to do here is you need to use the shortcut app in order to give the app the unique icon and for that, you need to have the shortcut app on your device. Also, you need to have the change to which you want to change your Instagram icon in your photo gallery.
Once you will have this then it will be easy for you to change your Instagram icon. After that, all you need to do is create a new shortcut and then choose the open app action. After that, you will be able to choose Instagram and the shortcut you have created should have some name and then you need to select the picture that you want to choose as your new Instagram icon.
After you will complete this process then there will appear a shortcut on your iOS device and it will have the name Instagram and also the image that you have selected. From that, you can hide the original Instagram app and in this way, you will not have the same icon for the app on your home page.
With this, you will be able to change your Instagram icon on your iPhone.
The different kinds of logos that you will get to see here are Twilight, dark, light, Classic 2, classic, original, sunrise, pride, current, gold, codename, aurora, and very dark.
You can choose anyone from these and then you will be able to choose the icon.
How To Change Instagram Icon on Your Android Device or Tablet
Well if you have an android device then you will have many other options to change your Instagram icon. For this, all you need to do is need to install third-party apps, and then you will be able to do that easily.
As we know that there are many options for you in the google play store and it will let you change app icons. Many among them are free and there will be some that will be available for in-app purchases and then you need to unlock features of those apps. Well, you need to follow these steps in order to change your Instagram icon on your android device.
- In the first step, you need to choose the app from the google play store
- After that, you need to tap and hold a blank spot on the home screen of your device, and after that you need to choose widgets in the dropdown menu.
- After that, you need to scroll down in order to find the app that you have to choose. Then you need to tap and hold the icon and then you need to select the icon when the home screen appears and let go of the screen.
- In the fourth step, you need to scroll through the list of the apps that you have installed on your phone and then you need to tap Instagram.
- After that, you need to select the image that you wnat to use for your Instagram icon. You can choose that from your photo gallery and also you can take a picture at that moment too.
- In the last you need to click OK.
After that, you need to wait for a few minutes in order to see the changes and after some time you will see that your Instagram icon has been changed to the icon that you have chosen for your Instagram icon.
You can also do this with the help of a launcher. It is another way to change the Instagram icon and this will let you customize the appearance on your phone. It will let you customize the icons. For that, you need to follow the steps in order to change the Instagram icon through a launcher
- In the first step, you need to insatll smart launcher and you can choose that from your google play store
- After that, you need to run the smart launcher for the first time and you need to complete the initial setup. Then you will get the option to upgrade any one of the apps either from the premium subscription fees or for free. You need to choose the free one and continue using it for free.
- In the third step you need to find Instagram and then smart launch atomically will sort the app into the communication page. After that, you need to tap and hold the icon. You need to wait till the pop-up menu appears and then you need to choose the edit icon.
- After that you need to choose the icon that you want to use. You can choose that from your gallery or from any other app that you have in your phone.
- After that, you will be able to see the changes with the image that you have chosen for the Instagram icon.
What To Do If The Instagram Icon is Not Working?
If this is the case with you that your Instagram is not working then there is no science that you need to apply there. All you need to do here is you need to simply switch off the mobile and then you need to restart again. Then you will be able to see the old icon that is changing to the one that you have selected for your app.
What To Do If You Are Unable To Change The Instagram Icon
If you are finding it hard to change your Instagram icon then one thing that you need to do here is you need to update your app. You need to have the latest version of the app on your mobile device if you want to change your icon on your device.
You can easily update your app by going on your apple app store or your google play store and then you need to choose app icons and then you need to scroll down to the free top apps and need to look for Instagram free app. Then in the last, you need to update it to the latest version.
Well, this was all about how to change the Instagram icon on your iPhone. We told you the easiest way to change your icon and also told you the steps to follow if your icon is not changing. You have everything here. Still, if you have any other doubt then you can ask us in the comment section.