Well, we see every day that there are millions of stories uploaded every day on Instagram. It makes the users engaged on the app and people out there love to share everything that they are doing currently by sharing that on their stories. There is a number of ways to make your stories creative on Instagram. Well, do you know you can also change your background color on your Instagram stories? So know here how to change the background color on Instagram stories.
You can customize your story the way you like and make it the way you want to post. You can create your stories using different background colors and you can also make it with or without photos and make it a solid background. You can also use the pre background effects or the designs.
There are different ways to change your Instagram background for your stories and you can do it on your android phone as well on your iPhone. You can either upload a photo or the pre background or you can also make the Instagram story in which you were tagged in and then you can use the creative tool in order to start the story from the scratch.
There is a total of three different ways to change the background colour on your Instagram stories and we are going to discuss them here. You can also use the pen or the highlighter brushes on your Instagram stories. You can also use the dropper tool or your own fingers in order to change the background colour of your Instagram story. So continue reading to know how to change the background colour on Instagram stories.
How To Change The Background Color On Instagram Stories
As we told you there are three different ways and we will tell you all the three ways here and from them, you can decide which one you want to choose for your instagrm stories and go creative with your Instagram stories and make people fall in love with your stories.
1. With The Help Of Create Tool
In case you don’t want any photo element with the background colour on your Instagrm stories and you want a regular text post with a solid background colour then you need to follow these steps in order to do that:
- In the first step, you need to tap on your Instagram icon in order to access the story menu on your profile page.
- Then after this, you need to select the font icon in order to create a new story draft that you will see on the left side of the menu.
- In the third step, you need to tap on the scribble icon that is there at the top of the screen.
- After that, you need to select the pen or the highlighter brush and it depends on your choice whether you want to have the background solid or opaque.
- Then you need to choose a present color and you can choose that from the bottom slider and after that you need to hold the post for several seconds before you post it and enable your new background color.
- In the end, you need to save the changes that you have done in order to see them on your story and then post it.
With this, you will be able to change the background of your Instagram stories using the creation tool of your own choice.
2. With The Help Of An Image
Now if there is a case that you want to change the background of your Instagram stories with an image then you need to follow these steps and then you will be able to do this with ease.
- In the first step, you need to select the picture. And this picture can be a new photo that you want to upload or it can also be another story in which you were tagged in.
- In the second step, you need to place two fingers on the post’s draft screen on the story image and then move your fingers in a pinching motion in order to make your picture smaller. You need to make it smaller if you are unable to see the Instagram pre-selected post background.
- After this, in the third step you need to tap on the scribble icon that will be to the left of the text icon and you can see this at the top of your story draft screen.
- Then in order to create a solid background, you need to tap on the pen icon and that is the first brush that you will see at the left side of the menu bar. You need to tap this before you select the color that you want for your background and this will be seen at the slider at the bottom of the screen.
- In the fifth step if you want to create an opaque background and also want to reveal the image that is underneath then you need to choose the highlighter option and it is the second brush and it not the down arrow and you need to do this before you select the color you want for your background from the bottom menu slider.
- After this, you can tap and also hold on to the screen for several seconds with your one finger. After you will release you will see that the entire post color will be changed to the color that you have selected. After that, you can add new stickers, new texts, emojis, and anything you want to your solid background.
- In case you want to reveal the photo that is underneath then you need to tap on the eraser icon.
- You can also make the brush size bigger or smaller by using the slider that is on the left side of the screen. For that, you need to use your finger in order to wipe away the color of your photo.
- In the last step, you need to click on the check icon that you will see at the top right corner of your screen in order to save the changes.
With this, you will be able to change the background of your Instagram stories and if there is the case that you don’t want to change it with pre-selected background colour but with the one that is found in your picture then you need to tap on the dropper tool and after that, you need to wait for the colour balloon to appear. After it will appear then you need to drag the ballon over the part of the photo with the desired colour of your choice and then you need to release your finger in order to lock it in on the dropper.
3. Using A Pre-Made Background
Now, this is the third method that you can use for changing your background on Instagram. If you are good at creating backgrounds using the help of different apps like Unsplash or pixels and good at photoshop then it will be easy for you to use this method. You can simply follow this to change your background.
- In the first step, you need to download and save the background of your choice that you want to upload on your Instagram story in your phone photo gallery.
- Then you need to open the Instagram story tool.
- After that, you need to select the photo gallery icon that you will see at the bottom left corner of the story screen.
- Then you need to choose the background from the grid that is available for the photos.
- In the fifth step, you need to use two fingers in order to expand the background in order to cover the entire story screen and after that, you can begin the customization of your Instagram story.
- In the last step, you need to save the changes that you have made.
So this was all about how to change the background color for your Instagram stories. We told you three different ways from which you can do this. You need to choose the one that is suitable for you and the one with which you want to change your background color. You can easily follow these steps to change your background color on Instagram stories. So go now and be creative. Still while doing this if you find any difficulty then you can mention that in our comment section.