The DualShock4 controller LED has some interactive functions. It doesn’t only show information about device charging. They can enhance immersion in some games, such as illustrating damage or chases. It is possible to change the lighting with the help of a program visually. Learn How To Change PS4 Controller Color.
How To Change PS4 Controller Color
The PS4 does not have a native function that can change the color of the LED control. To do this, you must download a program on your computer, InputMapper, on the inputmapper.com/downloads/category/2-input-mapper.
Once you have completed the installation, follow these steps to change the color of your PS4 controller‘s lights:
- Use the PS4’s USB charging cables to connect the controller to your computer’s USB port.
- Open the InputMapper software.
- Select “Profiles” from the left menu.
- Click on “New Profile”
- Click on “Configuration”.
- Select what you’d like to modify under “Lightbar Settings”.
- Charging Mode To change the color of your LED during charging
- Fully Charged Mode To change the color of your LED after it is loaded.
- Discharging Mode To change the color of an LED light when it is low on battery
Click “Save” to save your changes and close the window.
How To Adjust Lighting According To Each User
- PS4 assigns different colors to every user who logs in to the console. This means that players playing simultaneously have other lighting effects on their controllers.
- The RGB color scheme for the PS4’s controls is Blue first user, red for the second, Green third, and purple fourth.
- Follow these steps to use one of the following colors on your user:
- If you don’t already have three users, create them.
- Register with one of these users. Your control will be made blue by the first user to log in.
- Move the user to the next person. This will follow the same color order I described above: blue (red), green (green), and purple. Log in to your main account and select the position you wish to place the control in. Example: To get the Green LED lighting, you will need to make your primary user the third person to access the PS4.
- This is it! Now you can customize the look of your control to suit your needs.