We all know how popular reels are among Instagram users, and if you are one of those people who frequently make and share Reels, then it may have happened, that you forgot to post Reels on the Profile grid or accidentally, removed them from there.
Well, you have come to the right place, we have collected a list of different methods you can adopt to add Reels back on the Profile grid.
As many of you are already aware, Instagram Reels are short, vertical videos, these videos can be 60 seconds long. Instagram users can record and edit videos, they can add popular songs and audio in the video and share it with other Instagram users.
The feature basically originated to compete against the popular application Tik Tok, and like Tik Tok, the feature allowed Instagram users to stretch their creative muscle, and add another fascinating dimension to their profiles, which helped them to connect better with their followers.
2 Simple Methods To Add Reels Back on The Profile Grid
Is it possible to add Reels back on the profile grid? Unfortunately, the answer to that is no. If you are using the latest version of the application, there is no feature available on Instagram that directly lets you add Reels back on the profile grid. However, there are a few workarounds you can use to finish the task.
To add Reels back on the profile grid:
Method 1: Use An Old Version of Instagram
As mentioned above, the current version of the application does not have the feature that lets you add Reels back on the profile grid, therefore, to do the task you need an older version of the app.
Uninstall the recently updated Instagram application from your phone. Remember to save your draft Reels and story drafts first, otherwise, you will lose them all once you uninstall the app.
In the next step, go to the browser, and look for the August 2020 version of the application, once you locate it, click on it to download.
Wait a short while for the APK to download; after it has, open the file and install the Instagram app.
Once properly installed, go to the profile tab after opening the Instagram app you just installed and logging into your account.
If you can’t locate the reels tab, worry not, just log out of your account and log in again, once you log in you can easily locate the tab on your account.
To add Reels back on the profile grid:
- Go to the Reels page on your profile, and open the desired reel video.
- Next, click on the three dots at the bottom.
- At last, click “Add to Profile Grid”, and the selected reel will be added to the profile grid.
Method 2: Use The Reposting Feature
To add Reels back on the profile grid, there is another method, and that is to repost your reel, keep in mind if you repost your reel, all the previous views, likes, and comments will be removed, it will be as if you never uploaded that reel.
- Open Instagram and log in to your account, next go to your profile.
- Select the reel you want back on the profile grid, by clicking on the Reels section.
- Delete the selected reel. Remember to ensure you have a copy of that reel saved in your gallery.
- Then, locate the Reel in the gallery and load it for editing by going to the Instagram Reel camera.
- Edit the reel as usual, then select Next to start adding the video’s caption.
- Share your video with this feature turned on by checking the “Also share to feed” box under the captions to add your reel to the profile grid.
This way you can easily add Reels back on the profile grid.
How To Add Reels Back on The Profile Grid Using Different Devices
In the next section of the article, we have mentioned how to add Reels back on the profile grid using different devices.
How To Add Reels Back On The Profile Grid On Android Devices
The first way to add reels back to your profile grid is to download an older version of Instagram. Let’s see how to put Instagram reels back on the profile grid after removing or posting them.
Uninstall the current version of Instagram from your phone. Before you do so, you’d better save your reel drafts first as you will lose all draft reels and story drafts when you uninstall the Instagram app.
- Go to your browser to search for the older Instagram version and click the one you need to browse for the Aug 2020 version and download
- Wait for a few minutes to download the APK; once the downloading is finished, open the file and install Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app you just installed and log into your account, then go to the profile tab.
- From here, you won’t see the Reels tab first, don’t worry! You need to refresh your Instagram to get the Reel – just log out and log in again, then the reel tab should now appear.
- Now, go to the Reels tab on your profile, open the reel video you want to bring back to your profile grid, click the 3-dots at the bottom and select “add to Profile Grid” to bring back your reel to the profile grid.
How To Add Reels Back On The Profile Grid After Removing On iPhone
Although reposting can help you get your reel back to the profile grid, it removes all your efforts on views, likes, and comments. If you’re fine with the only drawback, keep reading to learn how to put the reel back into the profile grid by reposting.
- Open the Instagram app, log in to your account, and then go to your profile.
- Click on the reels section and select the video that you want to move back to the profile grid.
- Click on the three-dot button at the right corner and then click the Delete option. Here make sure that the same reel is present in your gallery; if not, you need to save the reel to your camera roll/ gallery before deleting it.
- Once deleted, go to the Instagram reel camera, then the gallery to find that reel and load it for editing.
- Edit the reel as you do before, then click the Next button to add a caption for the video.
- Check the “Also share to feed” option below the caption section for putting your reel to the profile grid, then share your video with this feature enabled.
With that, we have reached the end of the article, make sure to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
We hope we were able to help you find out how to add Reels back on the profile grid.