It’s no unknown fact that it is one of the most frequently used social media platforms; just last year, the application had 1 billion users, of which half are daily users. The application has provided its users with heaps and loads of features that make the experience on the app more fascinating and thrilling.
This article explains How To Add Location On Instagram Bio, change the displayed location, and other attributes related to the location feature.
The feature to add your location on your Instagram bio is one of those; the feature allows business accounts to add a hyperlink on their bio, which opens up a map application to show the exact location of the business, this not only helps the business to grow its engagement on the app but it also helps them to maintain an open and transparent business, which can be easily located if customers want to reach you.
Additionally, keep in mind that there are some requirements to add location on bio; the first one is that you need to have a business account; you cannot add location on bio if you use a personal or creator account. A business account entrails that your account should be public all the time. All your posts, stories, and information on the app will be public.
Step-By-Step Process On How To Add Location On Instagram Bio
You can add a location to your Instagram bio by accessing your profile. The simple three steps you can follow to add location are, go to Edit Profile, then press Contact options, and last select Business address. Enter your address, city, and zip code. Tap the checkmark button to save.
However, if you can add a location using those steps, then beneath is the step-by-step method you can follow to add a location on the Instagram bio.
- Step 1: Open your Instagram app and go to your profile by tapping your profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Once on your profile page, click Edit Profile.
- Step 3: Under the Public Business Information section, tap Contact Options.
- Step 4: Select the Business address option.
- Step 5: Enter Your Street Address, City/Town, and Zip Code in the respective fields.
- Step 6: Now, tap the ✓ icon in the top right corner.
- Step 7: Turn ON the Display contact info option and save it by tapping the ✓ icon at the top.
- Step 8: You will now be taken to the Edit Profile page; save the changes you have made by tapping the ✓ icon.
Your location will now be displayed on your profile, as shown in the image below. Anyone who visits your profile will be able to see the added location. Moreover, the displayed location is clickable, meaning the added location is a link, and if a user clicks on it, it will open up google maps to help you navigate to the linked address.
How To Change Location On Instagram Business Profile
In case you have changed the location of your business, say the city, town, or even locality it was in, you will have to update these changes on the Instagram app as well so that your customer doesn’t face any trouble while trying to reach you, changing your location is simple. Follow the steps down below to change the location on your bio:
- Step 1: Tap the Edit Profile button on your profile.
- Step 2: Tap Contact Options.
- Step 3: Tap your current location that you have added earlier.
- Step 4: Edit the necessary changes you want in your location, and press done.
- Step 5: Keep tapping the tick icon in the top-right corner until you reach back to your profile page. Your new location will be updated in your bio.
How To Remove Location from Instagram Business Profile
If your business is no longer in business or due to some reasons you don’t want your location displayed in our bio, in that case, you can also remove your address from your profile. Here are the steps you can follow to do it.
- Step 1: Tap Edit Profile on your profile page.
- Step 2: Select Contact options.
- Step 3: You can hide your location from appearing on your bio. To do so, turn OFF Display contact info and save it.
- Step 4: If you want to remove the address completely, tap on the address.
- Step 5: At the bottom of the screen, tap the remove option and save it.
Can You Add Location on Personal Instagram Account’s Bio?
Adding a location is not possible if you have a personal Instagram account. You have to switch your account to business to be able to display the location in your bio.
Here’s a simple trick that you can follow to add a location to your bio if you have a personal account. In the available space on your bio, you can manually add your location so that it is easily spotted if a user opens your profile.
Although, the location added to your account will not be a hyperlink, as Instagram only allows that feature to business accounts. You can make it captivating by adding emojis next to it or changing the font in which your address is written.
Can You Add Location On Instagram Bio of a Creator Account?
There is no option to add your location if you have a creator account. The feature is available only on the business account.
However, you can use the trick mentioned above to display your profile’s location. A creator account can switch to the business account; then, they can easily use the feature to add location on the Instagram bio. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Instagram on your device and log in.
- Go to settings.
- Tap on the switch to a professional account.
- Press continue; when the whole process is done, select the category for your business. Tap done.
Once you have successfully switched to a business account, Instagram will allow you to add a location on your Instagram bio.
We hope this article helped you understand the ins and outs of the location attribute of Instagram.