The particular problem of the online gaming industry remains the level of trust in the institution. Players who prefer land-based gambling establishments have doubts about the honesty of the results, although there is an opportunity to visually control the process. The emergence of new technologies makes adjustments to this issue, expanding opportunities for the players. Here is how NFT affects the gambling industry.
NFT Slot And Its Possibilities
NFT slots are a unique development based on DApp technology. It is usually a decentralized application based on the blockchain platform. Its modules are distributed over several servers, which makes them completely secure due to the lack of centralized access to program codes. The best thing in the application is the absence of the possibility of making adjustments to its work in order to reduce the emulator’s performance. It means that such platforms as ZodiacCasino would prefer having such slots in their collections. As for the advantages of NFT machines, they relate to:
- guaranteed honesty of the game process – the devices work independently;
- absolute confidentiality. The technology involves replacing the notorious data of each player with an abstract sequence of bytes;
- complete security. Hacking blockchains is impossible, and so far no one has succeeded.
Additional benefits include payment of received winnings. The work of the slots is organized through special smart contacts. All payments are made automatically by the blockchain platform, which minimizes any involvement in the process of the online casino itself. There is only one drawback of the technology – it takes some time for processing. This is due to the fact that the software modules are located on different servers and communication requires additional time. However, this disadvantage is easily eliminated due to the use of powerful processors.
The Principle of Operation of NFT Machines
NFT machines work according to a certain principle, which includes the following important stages:
- RNG formation of a sequence of random numbers. This applies to the bookmarking of numbers on online casino roulette, the distribution of cards in poker, or the symbols used for drum slots;
- transfer of data to the “cloud”;
- processing of the received sequence of numbers and placing the results represented by the hash function in the blockchain;
- extraction of storage data converted into roulette numbers, symbols, or cards when starting machines.
The use of technology completely excludes influence on the game process of third parties. In this case, the online casino is an intermediary, and receives a profit, but does not have access to blockchains, where winnings and results of rounds of future periods are stored. What the casino can do is tie its own bonuses in the form of free spins and cash prizes to specific NFT slots.
Currently, not all gaming platforms use such technologies, and the NFT-slot market is at the stage of active development. Penetrating the world of gambling, technology has many advantages for players. Firstly, it increases the level of trust in online gambling establishments. Secondly, it provides transparency to both the game process and payout processes. Thirdly, for large online platforms and sites, this is an ideal opportunity to increase their reputation and confirm the honesty of transactions.