Here’s everything you need to know about Snapchat’s Best Friends feature, including How To Get Someone Off Your Best Friends List On Snapchat.
Snapchat is the preferred social media platform for a lot of users between 13 to 25. It’s designed to keep friends in contact with each other. This is why it lists your contacts under its Send To function, and in the upper right-hand corner, there’s a section for the name of your “Best Friends”.
But what exactly do Best Friends mean on Snapchat? Does anyone else know your friends? How can you remove people from the Best Friends list on Snapchat?
How Does Snapchat’s “Best Friends” Work?
The Best Friends list on Snapchat keeps track of who you frequently talk to. It’s in the middle of your preliminary list of friends, making these users more easily accessible when making an update to Snap.
How does Snapchat determine the people who are your Best Friends? It’s simple.
You might have noticed that each user has a Snap Score which measures the total amount of Snaps received and sent since they joined. Similar scores are attributable to conversations with your buddies. The more you interact with someone in a row, the higher your score for friendship.
To establish the Best Friends list, Snapchat examines these scores and then lists those you have a relationship with the most frequently, according to your score on friendship.
How To Get Someone Off Your Best Friends List On Snapchat
# Remove Someone From Best Friends by Deleting Them
The first option is the most straightforward if you wish to remove a contact entirely from your friend’s list. Here’s how to do it:
- Start your app and click Chat. You will find the Chat function located in the bottom left corner. It will open your contacts list.
- Select the friend you wish to eliminate by clicking the Bitmoji profile Icon that will direct you to the friend’s profile.
- You will see three tiny dots in the upper right corner, the horizontal ellipsis. Click them to view the options to delete or block contact.
Removing the friend from your list is an interim option that allows them to contact you. Be aware that if you do change your mind, then you can join them again at a later time. However, the process of blocking a friend can be more permanent. If you choose this option, you won’t just be able to remove them from your friend’s list but also remove yourself from theirs. They won’t be able to view your Snap score once more.
# Remove Someone From Best Friends by Replacing Them
This process could also take some time; however, it’s relatively easy.
Sending fewer snaps to whomever you want to remove from your top friend’s list while sending more messages to other friends will accomplish the trick. Put, engaging more with others will cause the algorithm to alter how your contact’s status is displayed to you.
You can also limit the interaction with your naughty closest friend by turning off the stories of their friends, messaging, and messages.
All you need to follow are these simple steps.
- You can return to your display’s chat menu in the bottom right corner.
- Click on Bitmoji for the friend you want to get rid of. Find the horizontal ellipsis in the upper right corner.
- In the lower-left corner below the blocks and remove alternatives, see buttons for the Mute Game and Mini Notifications and the Mute Story buttons. These can help you reduce interactions and speed up the process.
How to Remove Someone From Best Friends on Snapchat Without Deleting Them
Remove Someone From Best Friends by Tricking the Algorithm
If you’re seeking a more straightforward method to eliminate someone from your list of best friends, This method could work best for your needs.
In the first part of this post, you’ve learned about the algorithm that Snapchat uses. A straightforward way to solve this issue is to cut down on the amount of interaction you have with the person you’re talking to. By sending fewer snaps and messages, The algorithm will begin monitoring the changes and altering how you interact with your favorite friend as time passes. It could take between 10 and 15 days to see this occur, but you’ll doubt be able to agree that this is a more subtle way to approach things.
But, be aware that the length of time you spend with your friends may vary based on the number of contacts you have and how frequently you communicate with them.
Hiding Best Friends on Snapchat
You don’t have to worry; nobody except you will view your Snapchat closest friends. But, they’re visible to you on the screen. If you don’t want to see them or don’t want anyone else to be able to see them, you can remove them altogether.
You can’t conceal who your most trusted buddies are by hiding them on your “Send to” screen; however, they can be hidden from Chat. Chat screen. Here’s how:
By Changing the Related Emoji
If you’re an Android user, you can follow these steps:
- Start your profile by clicking the Bitmoji icon at the top left corner. Next, click your button in the top right. You will then see a cog icon on the upper right corner, which will bring up Your Options.
- When you scroll down, you will see the option labeled Customize Emojis. This will let you know the emojis that identify those you love as super BFF, Close friend, Bestie, a good friend, and others.
- Then, you can tap the emoji you wish to change and choose another one for replacement. You can choose any emoji you like, provided it’s not the one you’ve already selected for use in another area.
If you’re an IOS user, Follow these steps:
- Log into your account and locate that cog icon.
- Choose Control and then tap the Emojis for Friends bar.
- Repeat the procedure in the same manner as explained previously. If you’d like to do so, you can return to the original default settings later by pressing the Reset back to your default button.