Facebook is the most widely used social media platform in the world. It was launched in February 2004, 15 years ago. Today, it boasts more than 2.45 million monthly active users. The many useful features that it offers are what make it so popular. While accessing Facebook from a browser is great, there are times when issues may occur. This is the latest installment in our Troubleshooting Series. We will address the issue that Facebook News Feed Is Not Working.
Why does Facebook News Feed fail to update/work?
We compiled all user reports and conducted investigations to find the reasons for this issue. Some causes of Facebook‘s news feed refusing to update/work include:
- Slow internet connections: Facebook is increasing its data usage. It used only to require minimal data in the past. However, it has become more important to have a stable and reliable internet connection. The news feed may not work if you have a slow internet connection.
- Facebook is down. Facebook experiences a lot of downtimes. Both the desktop and mobile platforms can experience downtime. Both platforms are affected by Facebook’s backend service.
- Wrong preferences Facebook allows you to choose your news feed preferences. These can be the most popular posts or the most recent posts by pages or users. You won’t get the desired results if you search for the most recent posts in a popular setting.
- Bad Application Data: In many cases, Facebook’s application may have corrupted its installation files or gotten bad application data. This can cause problems and make the application behave differently.
- Updating: Facebook monitors all of its applications constantly and releases updates as soon as possible if there is a problem or bug. We recommend you perform any updates as soon as you can.
- Time and date: Facebook uses your time as a parameter. The application will be confused if you set the wrong time (either on the PC or mobile application), as the time won’t match your geographic location. This is where you can fix the problem by updating the time.
- Hardware bottlenecks Facebook is also available in the Lite version for those smartphones that don’t have enough power to run the main application. We recommend the Lite app for older smartphones.
11 Ways To Fix If Facebook News Feed Is Not Working
This section will provide several solutions to the problem of your Facebook news feed not loading or displaying comments. There are many reasons your Facebook app is having problems. Each reason has a solution you can try to see if it helps.
(Part – A) Method 1: Verify Your Internet Connection
An unstable internet connection is one of the main reasons your Facebook news feed doesn’t update. You should first check your internet connection to ensure it is stable. Restart your router or modem. Reconnect your internet connection and disconnect it.
If you cannot browse the web, check out other sites and apps. You can connect to the computer directly over LAN. Mobile connections can be switched between Wi-Fi or cellular data to determine which one works best. Turn off Wi-Fi and cellular data, then turn it back on. You can check if comments and the news feed are loaded on Facebook.
Method 2: Manual Refresh Facebook App News Feed
Even if you have strong internet connections, sometimes the problem is in your Facebook app. You can refresh the Facebook news feed manually on your iPhone or other mobile devices by simply swiping down. This could fix the problem with Facebook’s news feed not loading.
Method 3: Check Whether If It Is Down
It might not be obvious, but Facebook may have a problem with your news feed not loading because of a downtime in your area. Your Facebook app will not load correctly, including your news feed and comments. To verify if the Facebook server has been up, you can search on other websites. If they have loaded properly, you can also open other apps or sites.
Method 4: Relaunch The Facebook App
A simple restart will resolve the problem with the Facebook newsfeed not loading most of the time. Sometimes, an app does not respond or gets stuck. To stop these processes, you can force quit or restart the app. Open the app again to check if comments and news are loaded.
How to force a Facebook app to stop working:
- Step 01: On your mobile device, go to
- Step 2: Select the app you wish to force quit. In this instance, it is Facebook.
- Step 03: Select Stop or Force Stop.
- Step 4: Click OK. Step 4: Press OK to launch the Facebook app again.
Method 5: Login And Log Out Of Your Facebook Account
Sign out of Facebook and sign in again. You can also close any other accounts that you use to access Facebook. Sometimes this can resolve the Facebook newsfeed not loading problem. You can verify if your news feed and comments load successfully on your mobile device if you access the Facebook web.
How to sign out of Facebook
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Scroll down from the menu bar and click on More.
- Step 3: Next, click Log Out. Log in again to your mobile Facebook App.
Method 6: Clear Facebook Cache And Temporary Data
Temporary and cache data can eat up a lot of space and slow down your device. Therefore, it is recommended that you do regular cleanups of temp data and cache. If your device’s RAM or CPU needs to be cleared, you can also inspect them. To speed up app processing and avoid loading problems, you can use a third-party cleaner to clear your device’s memory and cache. Close and close all open apps. Next, restart the Facebook app.
How to delete Facebook data:
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app.
- Step 2: Click on “Settings”.
- Step 3: Click on Account Settings.
- Step 4: Select Settings
- Step 05: Select Clear Data to clear the cache and delete data from Facebook.
How to delete cache and data from your Facebook app using Device settings
- Step 01: On your mobile device, go to
- Step 2: Select the app you wish to force quit, Facebook.
- Step 3: Choose Installed Apps.
- Step 4: Select Facebook from the list of available apps.
- Step 05: Next, click Clear data.
- Step 6: To proceed, select Clear all data and Clear cache options.
- Step 7: After you are done, log in to your Facebook app.
If your device’s hardware specifications limit the speed of your app loading and processing, no matter what you do, you may still experience slow loading and cache clearing. You can use the Facebook Lite app. Facebook is still developing this lightweight version of Facebook’s app.
First, uninstall the Facebook app. Go to the App Store (iOS) or Play Store for Android. Search for Facebook to find the app. Uninstall will be displayed on one of the buttons. To proceed, tap on the Uninstall button. Install the Facebook Lite app in the App Store or Play Store, and log on with your existing Facebook account.
Method 7: Change the Facebook News Feed Preferences
It may be that the Facebook news feed is not loading properly. Because of your chosen preferences, you may not receive any news updates or posts. This can give you the impression that your Facebook news feed isn’t loading or updating. You can choose who you want to see first in your news feed.
How to modify Facebook’s news feed
- Open Facebook.
- Click on the Down arrow.
- Select News Feed Preferences
- Prioritize who you want to see first.
- Return to the news feed
- Click the menu icon with three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
- Click on See More.
- Scroll down to select Most Recent.
- Refresh Facebook
Method 8: Verify Date & Time
Sometimes apps don’t load correctly due to an incorrect date or time difference in time on your mobile device. You can change the date and hour in your device settings. Sign in and relaunch the Facebook app. Reload the newsfeed and verify that the comments and news feed are loaded successfully.
Method 9: Update your App
You can fix the Facebook news feed not loading issue by updating the Facebook app. You can check for the latest updates to the Facebook app in the App Store (for iOS) or Play Store(for Android). The Facebook program is visible. If updates are available, the buttons shown are Update and Uninstall (instead of Open). To download the most recent version of the Facebook app, tap on the Update button. Log in again with your Facebook account after installing the Facebook app.
Method 10: Reinstall the Facebook app
Reinstalling the Facebook app may be enough to fix the problem with the Facebook news feed not loading. First, remove the Facebook app from your smartphone. Go to the App Store and Play Store. Select the app and search for Facebook. Uninstall will be displayed on one of the buttons.
To proceed, tap on the Uninstall button. Reinstall the Facebook app. Log on to your Facebook account again after the installation. You can also uninstall the Facebook app from your iPhone by pressing and holding down on the app until it shakes. Next, click on the delete icon x in the upper left corner of Facebook. Next, click on Delete. Or click Done. Go to the App Store to install the Facebook app again.
Method 11: Restart Your Mobile Device
Restarting your device will resolve most software problems. Restarting your mobile device will erase the current state of your device and clear any memory problems. All files on your device will be preserved.
How to restart your mobile device
- Step 1: Hold the Power button down for several seconds.
- Step 02: Swipe left to right on the Slide to Power Off icon once it appears. This will turn off the mobile device.
- Step 3: Next, press and hold the Power button to turn your mobile device on.
- Step 4: Turn on your mobile device. Launch the Facebook app again and log in using your Facebook account.
Part B : Backup Facebook Data In The Event Of A Problem
It is impossible to expect that every application on our devices will work flawlessly. Bad situations can occur, so it is important to regularly keep your data backed up. Facebook makes it possible. It is possible to backup your Facebook information, such as photos, contacts, and comments, and save them to another device, such as a computer, removable media storage, or a computer.
- Step 1: Open Facebook web in your browser.
- Step 2: Log in to your Facebook account
- Step 3: Navigate to Settings
- Step 4: In the left pane, select Your Facebook Information.
- Step 05: To download your information, click on the View link button.
- Step 6: Select from the Date Range which option you want to choose whether to download all your data.
- Step 07: Click on the Create File button in the upper left corner.
- Step 08: Facebook will send you a message letting you know that a backup file was created and is ready to be downloaded. Save the file to your device.
People are increasingly interested in technology. It’s easy to share updates with your friends and get information quickly and easily via the internet. Facebook makes it easy to connect with friends, family, and other groups. Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms. It allows us to make and share videos, comment, create and watch live videos, send messages, upload photos, promote businesses, and plan events.
Facebook can sometimes have problems, such as the Facebook newsfeed not loading. This tutorial guide will show you how to resolve the problem in multiple ways. Each method can be tried and adapted to your particular situation.