Using a VPN to protect your cryptocurrency payment information makes sense if you live in the crypto world. There have been instances of hackers hacking cryptocurrency trading platforms. It’s always a good idea for your IP address to be safe.
Unfortunately, not all VPNs are suitable for crypto. Some VPNs do not support cryptocurrency payments. Others are just not secure enough for hackers.
This article will help you choose the best VPNs for crypto trading. This article will also discuss the factors you need to consider when selecting one, so you can always make intelligent choices.
The Key Takeaways
- The rise of hackers and scammers has made crypto trading more dangerous.
- You can hide your IP address with a virtual private network (VPN) and encrypt your traffic, making it hard for cybercriminals to crack your wallet.
- ExpressVPN offers robust security, speed, and excellent user-friendliness. It is the best VPN to use for crypto trading.
- NordVPN is the next best VPN option due to its dedicated IP address and double-hop servers. Surfshark and CyberGhost are reliable but affordable options.
Unsurprisingly, crypto trading is regarded as the modern-day gold rush, with a global market capitalization of more than $2 trillion. Every day, approximately $120 million worth of cryptocurrency is traded.
These coins are popular because they can be used to secure private digital currencies. Hackers and scammers use crypto IP addresses to steal and compromise user accounts.
You can hide your IP address, encrypt your traffic and create a virtual personal network. However, not all VPNs can withstand the shark-infested waters of crypto trading. ExpressVPN is our top choice. Continue reading to discover our top five VPNs for crypto trading.
The Best VPNs For Cryptocurrency Trading
- NordVPN is the best VPN to protect your privacy and security.
- Surfshark is a cheap VPN for crypto traders
- PrivateVPN offers exceptional privacy at a very affordable price
- Atlas VPN– VPN with a Free Version for Crypto Trading
- IPVanish is an excellent VPN for trading cryptocurrency.
How To Use A VPN To Conduct Cryptocurrency Transactions
It is elementary to use a VPN to block your cryptocurrency transactions. This is a simple step-by-step guide.
- Register to get a VPN. NordVPN is our #1 choice, currently 68% off
- Install the VPN on your device.
- Connect with one of the VPN servers.
- Log in to your crypto wallet, and then head to the stores that take cryptocurrencies. Your identity is now hidden.
Best VPNs For Crypto Trading
To find the best VPNs for cryptocurrency trading, we compared them to all available VPNs. Only VPNs that accept cryptocurrency payments, and respect your privacy, were selected.
NordVPN – The Best VPN For Crypto Trading
NordVPN is the most trusted VPN in the industry. This makes it an excellent service for crypto traders. The top-of-the-line security suite will make your transactions even more private. They also adhere to a strict No-Logs Policy and run RAM-only servers. Therefore, making copies of your data logs is not an option.
They manage 5500+ servers across 60 countries. You have many options to select, ensuring you get the best performance. This means you can access any trading platform you wish, even if it’s unavailable in your country.
Nord’s server network encrypts your connection with the AES256-CBC cipher. This encryption is widely considered to be the gold standard. Your Internet Service provider and hackers won’t be able to see what you do online.
You can pay NordVPN using cryptocurrencies for privacy. They currently accept Bitcoin and Ethereum. You won’t be limited to one type of coin, no matter what you do, whether you are mining or trading.
- Secure VPN
- Policy without logs audited independently
- Impressive encryption
- NordLynx offers additional security
- Accept anonymous payments
- Highly customizable kill switch
- No router app
Surfshark- One Of The Most Popular VPNs Available
Surfshark may not be the most popular VPN, but it is an excellent choice for crypto tycoons. For those who wish to remain anonymous.
The service is based in the British Virgin Islands. This off-the-grid area has jurisdiction. The Eyes alliances won’t be able to close in on you, so there is no need to worry. Per their no logs policy, they won’t gather any data about you. They also rely on RAM-only servers to keep them safe, even if they fall into the hands of law enforcement.
Their technical achievements do not end there. There will be no need to worry about IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks. You won’t have to wait for pages to load long. Surfshark employs state-of-the-art tunneling protocols such as WireGuard that are secure and fast.
Surfshark can be paid for using cryptocurrency. They currently accept CoinGate and CoinPayments payments. They accept different coins, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other widely-adopted cryptocurrencies.
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- Excellent No-Border Mode
- WireGuard delivers super-fast speeds
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Amazing value for money
- Independently audited
- No router app
PrivateVPN – Cheap VPN For Crypto-Lovers
PrivateVPN, a smaller VPN provider in Sweden, is an excellent choice. It is small, but it packs a big punch. It should also be the top choice for cryptocurrency traders and privacy-minded individuals.
PrivateVPN’s initial location may seem strange, but it’s a Fourteen eyes country. The VPN makes up for this with its No-Logs policy. It states that the service will not store any data for longer than is necessary. This is because of Sweden’s data retention laws.
PrivateVPN’s security suite is what makes it stand out. PrivateVPN employs military-grade encryption with a modern tunneling protocol for all connections. You will also find the basics, such as kill switch and protection from WebRTC leaks.
You can choose from 63 different countries. Despite having only 200+ servers, you can still expect a lot of mileage from the service. This positively reflects the cost since the service providers have to rent fewer servers and reduce maintenance costs.
You can also use cryptocurrency to pay for your subscription. They currently only accept Bitcoin payments. However, it is the most widely used coin.
- 7-day trial for free
- It is simple to use
- Longer subscriptions eligible for discounts
- Customizable encryption
- Small server fleet
- No split tunneling
AtlasVPN – Freemium VPN That Allows Crypto Trading
Atlas VPN is one of the top VPNs for crypto trading. There are 750 servers located in 38 countries. While this may not be as many as top providers, there are still enough locations to help you get access to crypto trading platforms.
Atlas VPN, like all the best VPNs, uses the AES256 cipher. This one should not have any encryption issues. Atlas VPN has a kill switch that works well and prevents data leaks from occurring in the event of a lost connection. The WireGuard protocol is fast and performs well.
Atlas VPN is a superb VPN that keeps its clients anonymous. When creating an account, it doesn’t ask you for any personal information. They also have a No-Logs Policy that states they won’t collect personal information. It is located in the US. This 5 Eyes Country may prove to be a problem for some.
AtlasVPN offers a free version with the option to upgrade from a paid subscription.
- Includes web filters
- Login to 2FA with built-in features
- Kill switch
- Version free
- Supports cryptocurrency payments but is not available
- Based in the USA
- Smaller server count
- Doesn’t work in China
IPVanish – A VPN That Offers Unlimited Connections At A Great Price
IPVanish can make your IP disappear, but it’s not the only thing it can do. Even though it’s the last on our list, IPVanish is still the best VPN for crypto trading in 2021.
It has servers located in countries. This makes it easy to choose the best location to access otherwise unavailable crypto trading platforms. All servers of IPVanish are owned, which reduces the possibility of third-party data breaches.
IPVanish is one of the most secure VPNs available. It uses military-grade and industry-standard AES256 encryption. Additionally, it has the SHA-512 hash function to authenticate further. A portion of the encryptions is constantly changing because of perfect forward secrecy. A kill switch is also available.
Privacy may be something that raises eyebrows. IPVanish, which is, is based in the US. This country is a member of the 5 Eyes Alliance. They have also provided FBI user information in the past. This is not a new scandal for IPVanish. Since then, IPVanish has implemented a No-Logs Policy and promised to stop storing client-identifying data.
- This is one of the most affordable yearly options
- Unlimited connections
- You can customize the kill switch
- DNS leak protection
- After a year, prices rise
- Doesn’t work in China
These VPNs: How To Test Them
It is not easy to choose the right VPN for cryptocurrency trading. The VPN you choose should be able to unblock certain cryptocurrency market websites. It should also be private, secure, and allow crypto coin payments. These are the criteria that we used to create our list.
- Security. You must pass the safety check on any VPN you use. This is because you will be using the VPN for financial transactions.
- Privacy. This is important, but it should be done immediately after security. It is essential to know if the audit includes a review of their privacy-friendly location and no-logs policy. This will all help you long-term.
- Locations. You can only use Binance and other crypto trading platforms in the US. You must ensure that your VPN covers the areas you intend to access.
- Performance. You don’t want to lose connection during a transaction. You will need reliable VPN services with low downtime and speed reductions. You won’t notice any performance drops with the best VPNs.
- Price. Unless you have unlimited funds, you are likely looking for the best product at the lowest price. Accepted coins may also play a role in buying VPNs with cryptocurrency. Particularly if you already have a lot of them.
A VPN Is A Good Choice For Cryptocurrency Transactions
A VPN can be beneficial for crypto enthusiasts. These are the main reasons VPN and cryptocurrency transactions make a great pair.
Safety. The transactions in cryptocurrency aren’t regulated, so they aren’t always safe. There are many vulnerabilities in the system that could cause problems for you. Hackers could gain your location and identity by linking your wallet address and IP address. A VPN hides the IP address of your computer, which allows you to hide your identity and wallet from hackers better.
Geo-blocks. Binance, one of the most popular crypto trading platforms, isn’t available in America. KuCoin and others are only available in China. Geo-blocks placed on the pages may prevent you from accessing sure of them. A VPN is an excellent option if you need to protect your assets across multiple wallets.
Profiling. Surveillance is possible if a government has ISPs within your country. People looking into cryptocurrency payments might be considered drug dealers, as that’s how they buy them on darknet markets. Even though you may appear to be a goody two shoes, you may end up on the list of potential suspects. Use a VPN to encrypt your traffic and prevent this from happening.
VPN and cryptocurrencies go hand-in-hand. It can make transactions more private, and it makes sense to pay for a VPN using cryptocurrency. You can protect your digital assets and regain control over your anonymity.